Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

A few mods as well..

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
twisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond repute
This is the neatest, well thought of 997TT iv seen to date, wish you all the best on your future project, I know it will be stunning.

And

Old 06-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished road
stunning! very well done...

Old 06-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tedchen1973
Sharp car! do you have more info on the HID fog lamps? is it just a replacement part of does it involve more than swapping the bulb?
The bulb is a tight fit no question. You have to find a good location to mount the ballasts. I put mine behind the inside fender wall(plastic liner behind the radiators(?) to prevent water from splashing on it all the time.

I have had these HID fogs for some time now without incident. I can tell you that if you point them upwards you will get more light but you will blind people. I pointed them down so I lost some lighting area. 6K bulbs are not going to give you the lumens output the 4300(OEM) bulbs will. It's pretty good but not great. I might try 5K from philips soon. But right now I like these the way they are.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
ALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond reputeALPINE_997 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by twisted997TT
This is the neatest, well thought of 997TT iv seen to date, wish you all the best on your future project, I know it will be stunning.

And
Thank you.

I hope to find some fellow team/6speeders and do some real shots.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pix...
did you think about the Techart full front end?

Old 06-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thank you GrayTT. NO I didn't think about the Full Front(as in GT Street?) I am really not one for major mods from the classic lines of the Porsche. I wanted to add parts that I felt would give it a little pop but without making it look aftermarket.

The only part I have debating over for a while is the vent or not. I don't care for the CF vent from TA. The GT3 vents are fine but I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. I am about 70/30 right now in favor of it.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
twisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond reputetwisted997TT has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=ALPINE_997;95876].

"I wanted to add parts that I felt would give it a little pop but without making it look aftermarket."

I call that style!!, thats the way to go. I dragging my buddy that has a good camera on a good day and take some snaps of my car and make my introduction. Ill post them here and on 6speed.

"The only part I have debating over for a while is the vent or not."

Yes im debating also cuz its a GT3 thing not the mighty TT

Did you consider the headlight ring? Im also not sure adout it, I think it looks good enough.

Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Thank you GrayTT. NO I didn't think about the Full Front(as in GT Street?) I am really not one for major mods from the classic lines of the Porsche. I wanted to add parts that I felt would give it a little pop but without making it look aftermarket.

The only part I have debating over for a while is the vent or not. I don't care for the CF vent from TA. The GT3 vents are fine but I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. I am about 70/30 right now in favor of it.
Do it.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
What a stunning car!

Old 06-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Ted
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
The bulb is a tight fit no question. You have to find a good location to mount the ballasts. I put mine behind the inside fender wall(plastic liner behind the radiators(?) to prevent water from splashing on it all the time.

I have had these HID fogs for some time now without incident. I can tell you that if you point them upwards you will get more light but you will blind people. I pointed them down so I lost some lighting area. 6K bulbs are not going to give you the lumens output the 4300(OEM) bulbs will. It's pretty good but not great. I might try 5K from philips soon. But right now I like these the way they are.
thanks for the info. will look into it for sure. i do not like the regular fog lamps now and just keep them off.

Quick Reply: A few mods as well..