Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

997 Turbo S Wheel Color Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
gloss black with silver pinstripe (like oem option)

when the car is ordered through oem with a black wheel it has a pinstripe in silver.
you know thats not a pin stripe it is the lip of the wheel that just isn't painted, the other nasty thing about the OEM when not on the GT cars (GT2 /3RS) is that the inside of the wheel is also unpainted and it looks unfinished

Old 02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Leave as is. Looks perfect.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
How about like this color in Gloss. (credit and thanks to ADV1 for photos)

Name:  7F957E17-6B41-41D4-8DAE-99D10C3243F7.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  24.3 KB

Name:  B6B748FD-7ED8-4610-930C-D564895743E8.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  BCDB4C97-3862-4402-93E6-27783734463A.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  22.1 KB

Old 02-24-2012, 03:36 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
how about aftermarket wheels, techart formula 3's are nice.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
how about aftermarket wheels, techart formula 3's are nice.
Been there with the HRE P40s I had on the Cab , I love the stock Turbo S centerlock wheels. I am honestly not a big aftermarket wheel fan except some of the HRE product but their P40c is almost identical to what the car comes with.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I went anthracite on mine.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
I went anthracite on mine.

Glenn car looks great thats the color I was looking for do you have a color code for that as well is it glossy or satin finish (like mine)

Thanks_Marc

Old 02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Gloss or keep them like they are. Best looking Turbo IMO.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Originally Posted by Slayclops
Gloss or keep them like they are. Best looking Turbo IMO.
Thats what I was thinking over the weekend Black Gloss vs Satin I have, even though the Grey does look nice.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sorry, don't have the code I'm afraid.
I have a good friend with a Nissan GTR, it is white with anthracite wheels, so I asked my dealer to spray them that colour.

I actually think they may have rang Nissan to get the paint code from them.

G.

Quick Reply: 997 Turbo S Wheel Color Advice