Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?
Carrera GT
89.80%
GT2 RS
10.20%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

If you had to pick one!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Have you driven either car yet?
No I haven't. Have you?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gtrnick
No I haven't. Have you?
Yes, I have- both for a little bit. (about an hour or so each).

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING ever made me feel like the Carrera GT. You literally feel like you're driving a car on the road that you shouldn't be. like a Formula 1 car or something ridiculous. The sounds, acceleration- the fact if you twat up the shifting gas/clutch she'll remind you that you're an amateur.

The car oooozes super exotic.

The 2RS is a monster of a car for sure. To be highly respected otherwise you'll kill yourself. But if you drive some what normal you'll feel like you're in a 'reallllllllllllllly nice' 997.

The Carrera GT never lets you forget you're driving something truly special, unique and historic.

And that's something very few things on this planet will give you.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 02-02-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Well written Stoppie, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
if you ever seen a CGT and heard one you would know why. it has a bellow like non other

Old 02-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
While I love ALL 911's even the turbo'd variety the gt2rs is nothing more than a spooled up turbo re-winged 911. It's use (99.999999999999%) will be short bursts of speed onto the freeway's in various places across the nation. Hardly anyone will track them. They'll go for the comfort of a NA GT3 for the track almost everytime. Yes some will track them so don't get all gung ho but I'll bet 99.99 miles of 100 of every gt2rs in America will be on the road going someplace.

CGT on the other hand could get even Stoppie laid. Nuf Said.....

Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
CGT!!! The Carrera GT is a classic that has stood the test of time, and it regarded as one of the greatest supercars of all time. I think it's a no brainer.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
gtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished roadgtrnick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Yes, I have- both for a little bit. (about an hour or so each).

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING ever made me feel like the Carrera GT. You literally feel like you're driving a car on the road that you shouldn't be. like a Formula 1 car or something ridiculous. The sounds, acceleration- the fact if you twat up the shifting gas/clutch she'll remind you that you're an amateur.

The car oooozes super exotic.

The 2RS is a monster of a car for sure. To be highly respected otherwise you'll kill yourself. But if you drive some what normal you'll feel like you're in a 'reallllllllllllllly nice' 997.

The Carrera GT never lets you forget you're driving something truly special, unique and historic.

And that's something very few things on this planet will give you.
I respect what you have to say and well said.

I am not in a position where money is no object.

Unfortunately I will probably never ever get to test drive either.

If money was no object then I would have both cars, I'd also have a Zonda R, Mclaren, Ferrari 458, Veyron, GTR and what ever other super car takes my fancy.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
While I love ALL 911's even the turbo'd variety the gt2rs is nothing more than a spooled up turbo re-winged 911. It's use (99.999999999999%) will be short bursts of speed onto the freeway's in various places across the nation. Hardly anyone will track them. They'll go for the comfort of a NA GT3 for the track almost everytime. Yes some will track them so don't get all gung ho but I'll bet 99.99 miles of 100 of every gt2rs in America will be on the road going someplace.

CGT on the other hand could get even Stoppie laid if he looked lke me. Nuf Said.....
Thanks for the endorsement ya freak!

Old 02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I agree

but the poll question could have been a bit more precise...

as I said before,

if it would have to be my only car available,then I`d (have to) go for the 2RS
but other than that,nobody in his right mind would deny the CGT

Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by ECB
I agree

but the poll question could have been a bit more precise...

as I said before,

if it would have to be my only car available,then I`d (have to) go for the 2RS
but other than that,nobody in his right mind would deny the CGT
True I apologise for that

Quick Reply: If you had to pick one!