Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.
View Poll Results: Which one would you choose?
Carrera GT
89.80%
GT2 RS
10.20%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

If you had to pick one!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Monaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura aboutMonaco has a spectacular aura about
C-GT, since all 911's look pretty much the same.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
First I must say that I love both cars, but if they were both in the dealership and a salesperson dangled both sets of keys in front of me it would be the CGT I would drive out in.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier

Wondering how long it would take you.

Once you drive that Turbo'fied car you love so much you will change your ways.

GT3RS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GT2 or GT2RS

N/A or the highway baby. Turbo's are for little penis types.
This is why I love the 2 rs. I'm no Patrick Long but hearing this thing in action and how he descibes it gives me goosebumps. It's nicknamed widowmaker for a reason.

Porsche's Premiere GT2 RS Turbo - YouTube

Old 01-31-2012, 12:23 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
This is why I love the 2 rs. I'm no Patrick Long but hearing this thing in action and how he descibes it gives me goosebumps. It's nicknamed widowmaker for a reason.

Porsche's Premiere GT2 RS Turbo - YouTube
When I raced the last two years I was fortunate enough to learn a little from him. He coached me 2 tracks, I was also there when he hot lapped the 997 gt2 for the first time at Miller Motorsports. He got out walked over to about 15 of us and looked at one of the Porsche reps and said

They sell THAT to the general public?

He knows the issues

He himself said 3 times he likes the 3 RS better and was shocked the 2 RS was faster.
Ask him the real question. What do you want to spend 3 hours driving? 3rs all day long.

Except most likely now which I hope to drive one day a 4.0 3rs which is the car God will drive when He is back

Last edited by h20skier; 01-31-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
GT2RS far cheaper to maintain, less costly to insure, and more of a daily driver... you basically end up getting more out of the money spent... come to think of it, it's even more exclusive!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
GT2RS far cheaper to maintain, less costly to insure, and more of a daily driver... you basically end up getting more out of the money spent... come to think of it, it's even more exclusive!!!
Until the massive depreciation curve hits and your theory is blown on the turbo.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Until the massive depreciation curve hits and your theory is blown on the turbo.
so you`ve done the group b thing already?

Old 01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
H2O you bring up a good point. I will save my judgment for if and when I ever drive one. Til then its still on my want list.

Old 01-31-2012, 11:54 PM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by JonA85
H2O you bring up a good point. I will save my judgment for if and when I ever drive one. Til then its still on my want list.
Dont ever lose the dream

I did find it funny that Long kept inferring the gt3 was mo better but carefully wording it not to piss of Porsche.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
There were exactly 11 drunk people that voted in this poll.

Quick Reply: If you had to pick one!