Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Someone talk me out of it.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by asg612
Thanks gents for all the great thoughts. It would have to be a V10 for me to even consider it.

Best advice I read is to buy a used one and see how I like it. Maybe there is an 08 V8 coupe with 25,000m on it for cheap :-)

I guess I'm the grass is always greener type of guy.....I agree, Porsche is better than everything - but to me, the Audi has the (dare I say) "same" er, similar build quality to Porsche so i'm not worried from that standpoint.

A dual (turbo) porsche stable is most certainly fun to have - I am blessed and lucky - but the lines and style of the R8 is just so frekin sexy!

Dealer hasn't replied yet....guess that's a good thing....

Thanks again gents!

asg
What the R8 gives you is the exotic look, when I got mine in Nov 2008 it was the first one around in my area and I can tell you that more people hung out the windows with cameras and cell phones to snap photos...It is a well built car and has some really nice qualities about it such as the wide cabin, but as someone pointed out ZERO storage space inside.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
I love both brands but I'd go with a Turbo S. Just can't beat a Porsche.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
I sell both of them and have had similar conversations in the past. Different in too many ways. There are plenty of R8's out there. Test drive one, your answer will be clear. Very different experences. I have seat time in both, tough call. Probably the R8 simply because it's pretty cool looking. Oddly enough I have sold five V10's this year and three were manual transmission.

Old 10-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
kabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond repute
If you are considering a V10 over the Turbo S, then I would consider the Gallardo instead of the R8.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Life's too short- go get that R8!!

Old 10-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
You'll get sick of the R8 V10 as well. Hey, if you can afford it, just do it and get it out of your system. (which I know you can, so just do it!)

Old 10-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
I say go for the V10 R8; the styling wins hands down!

Old 10-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
- Kab - I can't fit in a gallardo, and its styling isnt for me.

- Stoppie - you crack me up. Answer me this - you are offered one car as your sales award - and you have to drive it for 5 years - Turbo S cab or R8 V10 Spyder?

- Spot on Harvey - it is too short!!!! Kids want me to keep the Turbo S cause it has a back seat and they all go in it at the same time (n=3)

- I agree winch!

Old 10-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute

- Stoppie - you crack me up. Answer me this - you are offered one car as your sales award - and you have to drive it for 5 years - Turbo S cab or R8 V10 Spyder?

- Spot on Harvey - it is too short!!!! Kids want me to keep the Turbo S cause it has a back seat and they all go in it at the same time (n=3)

- I agree winch!
Great question; but that's not reality lol- If I have the means for either or- I'll have another car or two at least.

idk man. Personally, I'm bored of the PDK. I know this is a bit more; but why not a 458 Coupe? Do you definately want a 'Vert?

And I've never driven a V10 R8 with a manual. Looks aside, I think the interior on the R8 is blah.

Toss a Tubi Exhaust system on the Cabriolet?

(I'm totally not helping- neither car catches my fancy lol)

And now that I re-read your last post; yes, the kids can fit and have fun in the Turbo S.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 10-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice

- I agree winch!
Disclaimer: I am not a Porsche fanboy in the middle of a Porsche forum. Porsches are everywhere, R8s are not. Having driven both cars, V8 and V10, I'd go R8. Porsches are cool but meh... The R8 is easier on the eyes, sounds better, drives incredibly well (my opinion). It's just a cooler car. And you have another Porsche.

So the Turbo S is faster. Cool. When are you going to use all that power? The "X is faster than Y" argument really doesn't apply to an occasional DD esp if you aren't on the track.

This is no contest for me - even if it's a V8. They sound sooo good from the factory.

Quick Reply: Someone talk me out of it.....