Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Someone talk me out of it.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get the R8, if for no other reason than change of pace. Then switch back to porsche when the 991 comes out.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
If its a V8, don't.
If its a V10, even then its a no.

Stick with the Porsche.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond reputesmokinghot4cars has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A3aan
hmmmmmmmm, jummey!
That's a hot car. Color it white and you got a winner.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do it, my friend just sold his V10 R8 cab and bought a Turbo S cab, Jamie also did the same thing. I owned an R8 V8 for 14 months and while its a great car a Porsche is a Porsche.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
+ a Dual Porsche Stable is so Money!

Old 10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
audi doesnt have the heritage for me to think too much of their expensive little sports car. now, if they are able to hang in there with this type of car for a few more years, i might change my mind. a turbo s is the cream of the crop right now.

can you swing a used one just to see how you feel with it sitting around beside the 911?

Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I truly understand your thoughts. I had a C2S and a new CTT in my stable and was considering the TTS to replace my C2S. But realized I wanted something different. I considered the V10 R8 but it was hard to find a 6spd manual, and it has NO cargo room at all. Not practical for me.
So I ended up with the GT2 which is an animal and love it much more then the TTS's I drove. I can see how the TTS would get boring to me after a few weeks....but I am really sick with this car addiction.
I cant talk you out of it, I can only say that I understand.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
I say do what you want. If the R8 is pulling on you then go for it. If you don't like it you can always switch back to Porsche. Just know that if you keep the Porsche then that R8 is going to keep drawing you in until you know for sure. Go out and drive it. If you still want it then pull the trigger. It's not like you are marrying the thing.

But I agree....if it's not a V10, don't even think about it. And personally I would rather have the Turbo S and I have driven the R8 V10.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Thanks gents for all the great thoughts. It would have to be a V10 for me to even consider it.

Best advice I read is to buy a used one and see how I like it. Maybe there is an 08 V8 coupe with 25,000m on it for cheap :-)

I guess I'm the grass is always greener type of guy.....I agree, Porsche is better than everything - but to me, the Audi has the (dare I say) "same" er, similar build quality to Porsche so i'm not worried from that standpoint.

A dual (turbo) porsche stable is most certainly fun to have - I am blessed and lucky - but the lines and style of the R8 is just so frekin sexy!

Dealer hasn't replied yet....guess that's a good thing....

Thanks again gents!

asg

Quick Reply: Someone talk me out of it.....