Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Spied: 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo Convertible at the Nürburgring

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Been sayin' this for a year....that canvas is too tight without spine lines.

Could be hardtop convert too.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM
ALB
Teamspeed Junior Member
ALB is on a distinguished roadALB is on a distinguished road
There is no way Porsche will do a hard top convertible

Old 08-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Member
jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Never say never. The competition is moving more and more towards hardtop convertibles. With lightweight materials, there is little difference in weight and performance.

I bet you within the next decade, if that long, we will see a Porsche hardtop 911.

J

Old 08-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
This is going to kill the market for the 997TTS.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
Wild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Hardtop wrapped in canvas. What you see is what you get.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by U-Boat Commander
This is going to kill the market for the 997TTS.
My exact thoughts... Was supposed to drop my dealer tomorrow check out a new incoming TTS cab dark blue exterior and top with red interior, loaded with carbon bits...

Old 08-28-2011, 12:22 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by marakji
My exact thoughts... Was supposed to drop my dealer tomorrow check out a new incoming TTS cab dark blue exterior and top with red interior, loaded with carbon bits...
Just get yourself a nice discount and enjoy it, this one wont be out so soon...

Old 08-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Yup since we know it's a hardtop, and we've seen different colours of canvas, most likely it will have an aluminum hardtop wrapped in canvas. There is definietly room for one unde that huge tonaeu cover. I'm glad they're keeping the canvas look.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SKYKING
The official report says the new turbo will have 523hp. and the 991 S will be 398hp.
I doubt that it will have less than the turbo s

Old 08-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I think he might mean 523PS which is the same as the Turbo S. I guess that could be right? After all the chassis of the new 991 is so good I don't think too much more power would be needed.

Quick Reply: Spied: 2013 Porsche 911 Turbo Convertible at the Nürburgring