Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Techart Formula vs HRE Monoblock

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Techart Formula vs HRE Monoblock

I am considering moving to HRE Monoblock wheels from my Techart Formula wheels. Here is my current wheel:

I love the look but they are heavy wheels. I am getting a lot of mods this week and was thinking it might be a good time to move on to something that can give me a bit better performance - e.g., lighter weight.

Should I just stick with my Formula wheels? If you think I should switch to HRE Monoblock, which do you guys like better for a 997TT between these two:

P43

P40

I would probably stay with a 20" wheel and get them in a matte black finish. Which would be better with my Guards Red 997TT?? If anyone has pics of either wheel on their Pcar - especially the P43 - I would love to see them.

Thanks!!

Last edited by Barrister; 05-10-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
icruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond reputeicruze has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
P40's = GAME OVER
I think you got the pics and titles messed up, the first wheel are the P43's and the second pic are the P40's

a few examples-

Attached Images   

Last edited by Carb0n Fiber; 05-10-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these parts
Techart wheels make me barf. They're hideous. Look extremely heavy and obsolete. They just ruin the lines of the car. IMO, one of the ugliest wheels out of any brand out there. HRE all the way!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carb0n Fiber
P40's = GAME OVER
I think you got the pics and titles messed up, the first wheel are the P43's and the second pic are the P40's

a few examples-
You are rignt. I will edit the post now and change it. Thanks!

Old 05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
no problem

Old 05-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond reputeMarkM has a reputation beyond repute
P40 = nicest wheel out in my opinion.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
German Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
I think the HRE's Monoblock's build quality is up there with the best (namely Champion) however that design is played out. Love the flush face versus the dish/lip but there wasn't much of an intuitive design process behind the look of these that we haven't already seen from both the top end and bottom of the bucket manufacturers. Albeit a classic design remains timeless, and I DO love the look, however I'd like to see the designers push the envelope and come up with something we will see on tomorrows 911 concept.

Edrick at Champion outdid himself when he designed the Champion/SDS Avaritia AV-80 Lambo wheel. Knowing the tooling and the developmental process behind this wheel, really opened my eyes to the potential in aesthetic and functional designs that can be put to the tarmac.

But to answer your question, my opinion would be to go with the HRE Monoblocks.

Old 05-11-2008, 03:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
^ Those champion wheels are HOT! They look amazing on lambo's. Here is one I saw them on. also, do you have any more pictures of the wheels, or on any more cars? that would be great.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
German Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Carb0n Fiber
^ Those champion wheels are HOT! They look amazing on lambo's. Here is one I saw them on. also, do you have any more pictures of the wheels, or on any more cars? that would be great.
My apologies to the thread starter as I know this post is a bit

Besides these, nothing that isn't already floating around the forums.

And a gratuitous R8 shot

Quick Reply: Techart Formula vs HRE Monoblock