Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Techart questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
Techart questions?

I am looking at a few techart body pieces for my 997.2 turbo cab.

1) For those with the techart side skirts, would love any comments about them. Quality? Do they chip easily? How do they look in person? My painted side skirts from the factory seem to have a different finish than the rest of the car, that I'm guessing is intended to make them more scratch/chip resistant.

2) In the attached picture, i like the look of the air vent in the front apron. But is this the stock apron that is cut to fit the vent or a new apron (I realize the lower lip is techart)? Basically, do I need to buy a whole new front apron, or just the air vent and have someone cut the stock apron? How does that work - don't like the idea of cutting the apron, although cheaper than buying a whole new apron I'm sure. It looks like the air vent comes in carbon (matte), carbon (high gloss), or a black that can be painted. I have a ruby red cab - thoughts on which one to go with?

3) Any recommendations of where to buy from (I am in Virginia)?

Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
To answer a few of the questions:

The black vent you see mounted on the top of the bumper here is most likely a techart piece but it it the same/similar to the factory vent from 07-08 Gt3's.

This bumper you see here is a factory piece so you would need to cut the bumper to accommodate the vent. I for one am not a fan of cutting the bumper for a non functioning vent as the turbo was not designed for this.

The lower lip is a techart piece and is very nice looking!

Two sponsors that can get these parts for you off the top of my head are wheelsboutique.com and sharkwerks.com

Here is the bumper without the cutout for the vent below:

Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
On regards to techart quality.....well its not the best. You can easily tell its a body kit, whereas from some AM companies the pieces look and feel factory quality. To each their own.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
I would disagree with the above statement. Most aftermarket body trim is recognizable as just that or people would stick with OEM. the quality of the pieces is what sets them apart. Techart definitely makes higher quality parts in regard to fitment. Aesthetics is obviously subjective, but I like most of their 997TT offerings vs. other manufacturers.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
Skeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished road
I agree with boner...The side skirts fit better than most...They are not a simple bolt on but they do fit nice once installed right...Once on, you'll love them...I feel the car should have came like this from the factory...Only downside of the skirts is, once you lower the car, it's a PITA to jack up! The air vent in the bumper is up to you...Some hate it and some love it...

Old 06-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Tech art looks good. I've not seen the quality in person but it always looks great.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GT3ZZZ You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Has anyone tried the Techart powerkits (stage 2) for the 997.2 TT?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
E55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enoughE55AMG will become famous soon enough
I have the TA type 1 front spoiler and rear wing. I thought the side skirts were just a bit much, so went with GT2 side skirts. In my opinion it looks like it could have come from the factory.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
trice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enoughtrice9 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by E55AMG
I have the TA type 1 front spoiler and rear wing. I thought the side skirts were just a bit much, so went with GT2 side skirts. In my opinion it looks like it could have come from the factory.
interesting that you thought they "were just a bit much". would love other thoughts from those that have seen in person. i haven't, only pictures. my car is ruby red, so may not be as much as what white or yellow would show. also, still looking for input on the front air vent. i agree with previous post that cutting is not ideal. is it hard to do? i do like that look - gives it a little more aggressiveness. thanks.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Skeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished roadSkeeter is on a distinguished road

Here is a pic of my car with the techart skirts...

Quick Reply: Techart questions?