Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Front Plate on '11 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Front Plate on '11 Turbo S

Hi All -

So - the famous Jersey Checkpoints were out in abundance over the weekend. I was issued a warning for no front plate. I have to get one.

My dealer (Jersey) doesnt want to drill into my bumper, so he recommend the moweraxle.com page for an aftermarket kit which attached to the tow hook of the turbo.

If anyone has any alternatives to suggest for front plate mounting, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best,

asg

Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a very good option if you must wear one and don't want to ruin your front bumper, take some pics when it's on please.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
front plates are such eyesores... Im Lucky to live in a place where they are not needed.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Some states say having it in the front windshield is suffice. I have my plate between my seat and console and throw it up at checkpoints.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nicedillon733 is just really nice
I get stopped from time to time and usually just get a warning. If i were actually issued a ticket i would just psy it or temporarily put a plate on with a tow hook adapter or zip tie it. I think front plates look aweful. On such a nice car like your i would just pay the ticket. In NY i think its atounfld $50 and no points. Its not a big deal.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Do you guys actually have to do anything with the warnings?

I used to get tons of them back in the day but even though they say to have an officer sign off on it, etc... nothing was ever put into the system.

I only bring it up because if there isn't really any repercussion other than another warning ticket maybe just leave it alone?

Old 04-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Member
TT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura aboutTT Chris has a spectacular aura about
I don't have a front plate either but doing the tow hook mod is ugly. It's not symmetrical and off to one side which I think ruins the front end. Just looks odd on such a nice car.

Someone on 6speed did a magnet mod where he glued high powered magnets to the back of the bumper and to the front plate bracket. This eliminates the holes.

Check in out here Front bumper removal and magnetic license plate holder - 6speedonline.com Forums

Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Ynot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Front plates is required here as well, although rarely enforced. I've been driving in Colorado for over 18 years without one. Just too ugly on nice cars.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
Do you guys actually have to do anything with the warnings?I used to get tons of them back in the day but even though they say to have an officer sign off on it, etc... nothing was ever put into the system.

I only bring it up because if there isn't really any repercussion other than another warning ticket maybe just leave it alone?
In NYC it is an automatic $65 ticket. My car was parked and I got a no-plate ticket.

Old 04-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TT Chris
I don't have a front plate either but doing the tow hook mod is ugly. It's not symmetrical and off to one side which I think ruins the front end. Just looks odd on such a nice car.

Someone on 6speed did a magnet mod where he glued high powered magnets to the back of the bumper and to the front plate bracket. This eliminates the holes.

Check in out here Front bumper removal and magnetic license plate holder - 6speedonline.com Forums

Very cool!

However, do you think the magnets could mess with cars that may be equipped with electronic parking sensors, night vision, or bumper mounted radar?

Quick Reply: Front Plate on '11 Turbo S