Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

My weekend at the track (snowed out) with pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
My weekend at the track (snowed out) with pics!!

This past weekend I attended the Nord Stern PCA's First Fling at Brainerd Inetrnational Raceway. Evom's was kind enough to send 2 of their cars up (1800 miles each way) for track testing (Thanks guys!). Mike Myers came up with his 3.8 996TT GT780 and I drove (or was supposed to drive) their EVT700 997TT at the DE.

The forecast on Tuesday (when they left AZ) was that we were supposed to have 40% chance of rain on Friday (the day of the school) and clear weather on Sat & Sun. (The days of the DE)

Well, it did rain on Friday, it also snowed 6 inches Friday night. Saturday morning we showed up to the track and they had shut it down as it was still snowing.

MartyK (Woodster) showed up in his Proto 996 TT (after driving 2.5 hours north from the Twin Cities in the snow). We decided that since the track was closed, the only thing left to do was drink beers and do Jagerbombs for the rest of the day. (I am still hungover today but great time for sure) The event masters were pretty optimistic about being able to get the track cleaned up by Sunday.

Sunday morning came around and they had plowed the track but the temps in the 20's from the night before had left an inch of ice on parts of the track.

Track closed.

We went around for a few laps and got some pics and vids (Stay tuned for those). Marty, Mike, my father and myself decided to pack it up and drive the cars (in the snow again) back to the twin cities where it was supposed to be clear for some runs in Mexico with some of Marty's buddies. On the way there we got some good vids (Ill post them once they are completed editing) and did some friendly highway pulls with the Turbos.

As we got to Minneapolis, guess what started to come down?

Yes, snow....Again....

We met up with a few buddies and just hung around at Marty's beautiful home (Thanks MK) watched vids and shot the shit.

Right before we packed the cars back up in the trailer for another 1800 mile trek back to AZ, I decided to take Tyler2000S4 on a ride in the EVT700.

As if my snowy, bad weather, no track weekend was not already complete, one of Minneapolis's finest decided to pull me over for a closer look, and my first speeding ticket in 13 years. (I was bragging about the fact that I did not have any tickets the day before so that's Karma, I guess).

Anyways, great weekend never the less, the guys will be back up here with the cars in July for the Club Race and Ill hopefully be able to beat my fathers time at the track then.

Thanks again fellas!!!

Here are the pics:

Thank god for indoor garages at the track:

Saturday:

Old 04-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Sunday:

Old 04-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brian H is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks! !!!

Saturday, was in the 90's here, went wakeboarding
Sunday, was in the 80's, went to the beach

Old 04-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Back at Marty's:

And last but not least a couple from my little run in with the law (Yes, that is me in the reflection freezing my ass off outside):

Old 04-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Cool pics Lu, too bad about the weather Are you the official test driver of EVOMS or something?

Old 04-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Cool pics, I especially liked the one of the 996TT and 997TT spinning in the snow. And the 944 "Trailer" is pretty funny! :rofl:

Now subscribed for the vids!!!

Old 04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet pics in the snow man, any videos hehe

Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Freaking global warming

Old 04-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
too bad about the snow and the run in with the law

Old 04-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
What'd you do to get pulled over? Nvm..just re-read

So when are you going to start racing?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: My weekend at the track (snowed out) with pics!!