Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Sport chrono question

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Ted
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ted is an unknown quantity at this point
Sport chrono question

Do you guys use it often? It seems unlikely that someone will keep pressing the sport mode each time they get into the car. I suspect that most cars with sport chrono are probably not being used often.

BTW does the sport mode lower the car also? or only stiffens the suspension.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
nerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the roughnerual is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tedchen1973
Do you guys use it often? It seems unlikely that someone will keep pressing the sport mode each time they get into the car. I suspect that most cars with sport chrono are probably not being used often.

BTW does the sport mode lower the car also? or only stiffens the suspension.
I don't have the Turbo, but I still press my Sport button every time I get in the car. My friends with Turbos all turn on "Sport" every time, they like overboost!

Old 04-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Should be a way to get a default "sport" setting so that pushing the button disengages the sport rather than engages it. BMW owners have been doing that for years with their M3's and M5's. Maybe that's next on the horizon with the 997 ECU tuning.....

Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Ted
Teamspeed Junior Member
i try to press it a few times, however most times it is not my top priority when i get into the car and drive off. seems it should stay on sport if u turned the car off while it is activated vs pressing it each time u get into the car.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
phojes is an unknown quantity at this point
I use the SC almost every time I drive my Turbo. I have gotten so used to the altered throttle response that one time when I forgot to turn on the SC, I almost stalled the car.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I love driving with Sport mode engaged. I always turn it on every time I start up the car. Not only does it improve throttle response but it also stiffens the suspension such that I don't scape my front lip as much when driving into or out of steep driveways.

I agree that there should be an option to keep it on all the time. Hell, you can set memory for the air conditioning, why not the Sport mode.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex13188 has a reputation beyond repute
No turbo here but I always press the sport button love the louder exhuast note.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Ted
Teamspeed Junior Member
looks like i should try it more. it just seems like when it is on, you need to shift quickly or you misstime the shifts because it is more responsive. what rpms do you guys shift in day to day driving from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd?

Old 04-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tedchen1973
looks like i should try it more. it just seems like when it is on, you need to shift quickly or you misstime the shifts because it is more responsive. what rpms do you guys shift in day to day driving from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd?

RPM Shift points for day to day driving? 7000* FTMFW!!!

*Don't try this at home or without adolescent supervision

Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Ted
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Superfly
RPM Shift points for day to day driving? 7000* FTMFW!!!

*Don't try this at home or without adolescent supervision
lol

Quick Reply: Sport chrono question