Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Prodigy of Mobb Deep in a 996TT

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Prodigy is still nasty (as well as Mobb Deep as a whole, but in a DIFFERENT WAY. Their music is raw not so much lyrically great, just a crazy aura too it. Listen to Godfather pt III and you'll understand what i'm saying, or SHook ones pt 2), I love the low budget real gritty NY videos and music, brings me back to when music was real.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond reputeNK1983 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
Prodigy is still nasty (as well as Mobb Deep as a whole, but in a DIFFERENT WAY. Their music is raw not so much lyrically great, just a crazy aura too it. Listen to Godfather pt III and you'll understand what i'm saying, or SHook ones pt 2), I love the low budget real gritty NY videos and music, brings me back to when music was real.
Definitely
People who say they have fell off think that marketing makes the rapper. Yes they aren't as mainstream as before but they are very NYC in their style. To me, thats a good thing. They havent gone anywhere just evolved. The video is reminiscent of the old Wu-tang videos to me. Like C.R.E.A.M. etc. Classic!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
see, i think it used to be lyrically great, and Prodigy took a giant step on the first HNIC. after that, his delivery has gotten quite lazy...

nonetheless, they gave us 3-4 classics. throw in Raekwon "Only Built...", CNN "War Report", Illmatic, and a few others; and you've got the pinnacle of rap IMO - both lyrically and musically.

and to think that was over 10 years ago....

- chuck

Old 04-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NK1983
Definitely
People who say they have fell off think that marketing makes the rapper. Yes they aren't as mainstream as before but they are very NYC in their style. To me, thats a good thing. They havent gone anywhere just evolved. The video is reminiscent of the old Wu-tang videos to me. Like C.R.E.A.M. etc. Classic!
AGREED. As I mentioned before on 6speed, here and all forums. I am a hip hop purist, it's a shame what it has become. Nas is my favorite lyricist, he just puts me in a state of mind that no one can do. I enjoy old QB stuff though (Nas, Mobb Deep, Cormega/The Firm, AZ, Capone and Noreaga, Tragedy Khadafi,Lost Boyz) as well as the NY greats Big L, older Jay-Z, Nature, 50 during power of the dollar days, old Camron before the dipset BS, etc..

I have really evolved in the way of music, enjoy it all, but still have that soft spot for old hip hop!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
AGREED. As I mentioned before on 6speed, here and all forums. I am a hip hop purist, it's a shame what it has become. Nas is my favorite lyricist, he just puts me in a state of mind that no one can do. I enjoy old QB stuff though (Nas, Mobb Deep, Cormega/The Firm, AZ, Capone and Noreaga, Tragedy Khadafi,Lost Boyz) as well as the NY greats Big L, older Jay-Z, Nature, 50 during power of the dollar days, old Camron before the dipset BS, etc..

I have really evolved in the way of music, enjoy it all, but still have that soft spot for old hip hop!
Can only agree...

Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nerual
Are you tryina say the dirty jerz ain't hard, son? He's reppin his set dawg!
I just love how its on there in general...didnt even bother to take the plate off or really even clean the car at all hahaha...cmon now...act like you know

Oh and Martin, i feel ya...although i just am not feelin the "new" Mobb these days....nothing against your beloved QB rappers hahaha. And you know i am old school as they come with this shit too - esp the NAS - obv my boy and always will be but these days i just cant get into "new" stuff that comes out in general. I find myself rockin the same old CDs i played in jr high and high school.....does that mean im getting old??? LOL

Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
How'd I miss this thread. Yeah Mobb Deep isn't what it used to be but Prodigy still comes out with a few good tracks. Nothing like HNIC but I also haven't heard much off the new album.

But I'm with Martin. I've always been a fan of QB rap and other NY rap. Nas, Wu Tang, Biggie, Jay, Prodigy, Havoc, Big L, Noreaga, etc.

We need a track in this thread.

YouTube - Prodigy- keep it thoro

Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I am big fan of their stuff from back in the day, but marketing didn't make the guy's delivery change, or did it? The video is old school, but his delivery on the track is awful. 50 wouldn't let that out of his studio.

His delivery on these older tracks had more presence than the vid Felix posted.

YouTube - Mobb Deep -- Quiet Storm

YouTube - Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. Ii

Sounds better on these tracks. Marketing?

YouTube - 50 Cent - Outta Control REMIX feat Mobb Deep MUSIC VIDEO

YouTube - Mobb Deep - Give It To Me

Originally Posted by NK1983
Definitely

Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, Ashok. Thanks for posting that. I had to run that 4 times. Woooo, they were hot back then!

Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Frisco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Reply: Prodigy of Mobb Deep in a 996TT