Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

AWE Tuning Exhaust + GIAC Software = 128.59mph ¼ mile

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to all
AWE Tuning Exhaust + GIAC Software = 128.59mph ¼ mile

Ladies and Gents,

Last weekend I took our in-house 997.2TT 6MT to the drag strip to see what it could do and walked away pretty impressed.

Despite a soft launch, the car hit 128.59mph with the only power adding modifications being our 997.2TT Exhaust Solution with RSR Style Tips and GIAC Software!

This was a full weight car on street tires running 93 octane.

No special files. No race gas. Just AWE Tuning and G.I.A.C. performance products -- the same that are available to the public.

YouTube - AWE Tuning Exhaust + GIAC Software = 128.59mph ¼ mile

Feel free to ask any questions.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I'm having a hard time typing due to my speechlessness.

And it's on a 6 Turbo which makes it so much better.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Member
MrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to all
Nice run. They kicked you out for not having a cage? Thats a low trap for that requirement

Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
How close did they come to banning you for not having a rollcage?

Old 12-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to allMike_R is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MrSlay
Nice run. They kicked you out for not having a cage? Thats a low trap for that requirement
Originally Posted by Tacet-C;
How close did they come to banning you for not having a rollcage?
They can ask you to leave for too fast a trap speed or too quick of an elapsed time.

Per the NHRA rules, anything faster then 11.499 you must have a roll bar. You don't need a full cage, just a hoop.

The 11.48 per the rules was too fast for no bar.

The 60' in that video was an embarrassing 2.0. I can count on two hands how many times I have been to a drag strip. I am no pro, but gave it a shot. I did do a few practice launches and got as low as a 1.7, but my consistency was just awful. Seat time or someone else in the car is what's needed...

Old 12-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Member
MrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to allMrSlay is a name known to all
Humm didnt know that. My car has been out of spec for a while then.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Humm didnt know that. My car has been out of spec for a while then.
I think there are probably tracks that don't enforce the rule. However the drag strips around here are ballz busterz and gave me heat before I even made my first pass.

Three different track employees walked up to me and asked how fast was it going to go. I told them I had no idea. They then quickly pointed out the 11.499 rule. Greeeat.

Same thing happend when we had our Gen 1 997TT with bigger turbos. We tried running at Atco raceway and were promptly asked to leave when that car went 11.2 on pump gas and street trim.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE
I think there are probably tracks that don't enforce the rule. However the drag strips around here are ballz busterz and gave me heat before I even made my first pass.

Three different track employees walked up to me and asked how fast was it going to go. I told them I had no idea. They then quickly pointed out the 11.499 rule. Greeeat.

Same thing happend when we had our Gen 1 997TT with bigger turbos. We tried running at Atco raceway and were promptly asked to leave when that car went 11.2 on pump gas and street trim.
That sucks. Though I do understand safety first, i think they should bring the 11.499 rule down somewhere in the 10s. Its too easy to spend a few thousand and go fast with a porsche

Old 12-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
That sucks. Though I do understand safety first, i think they should bring the 11.499 rule down somewhere in the 10s. Its too easy to spend a few thousand and go fast with a porsche
I agree totally about the safety being first, but I also think the rule should be amended. There are so many modern cars that are easily capable of murdering that time with only basic mods...

Last edited by Mike_R; 12-10-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Supergoji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
There are too many stock cars that run faster than 11.499.
Rules need to be changed. I always thought it was the stock mass production car record was the limit

Quick Reply: AWE Tuning Exhaust + GIAC Software = 128.59mph ¼ mile