Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Bye C4S... Hello 997TT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Bye C4S... Hello 997TT!

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!!

My dealer called me a few days ago and asked if I would be interested in an '07 TT that was an unwanted gift. The car was registered in June '07 and had done 900 miles...! Not even fully run-in as the previous owner has another Turbo...and 40 other performance cars!

I was in no rush to trade my C4S but decided to go have a look anyway. Love at first sight... made an offer and we struck a deal. Hey presto... I picked her up yesterday... the car is stunning in looks and performance. Effortless power and incredibly nimble. Love it. It's so different form my C4S which was a great car but as many have stated here, there's no comparison in the delivery of power.

Just a few quick shots of the car...

After a full day of claying/waxing/polishing/sweating. Took the car out to play with my other love...my 83 year old Dad! He loved it! Prefers the Turbo hands down over the C4S.

The car is just fantastic... went on a twisty with some serious bends and cambers in including adverse cambers which would test my old C4S. The Turbo just takes it in its stride with no white knuckle moments and although still limiting to under 4k revs, that turbo kicking in just is an awesome experience! Instant access to speed with super fast acceleration as smoothly delivered as a hot knife gliding through butter. Simply amazing! And the handling?... flawless.

Do the rest of the 911 guys know what they're missing? There just seems to be more negative comments about the turbo (weight, handling, etc) than the truth.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
BankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished roadBankBuster is on a distinguished road
very nice upgrade! excellent choice

Old 04-18-2008, 07:15 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Yep, once you go TT you can't go back
Congrats Man!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute2thfixr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Haku
There just seems to be more negative comments about the turbo (weight, handling, etc) than the truth.
I think it goes back to the old saying.... it's amazing what you get used to. As with anything, the faster your car, the better your car, you get used to it and want something faster or better than that.

Welcome to the Turbo club! Love the color combo, the deviated carpet looks great with sand beige and the exterior color!

Old 04-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Tennessee? Knoxville?

Old 04-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
congrats man, looks gorgeous !

Old 04-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
contigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud ofcontigo has much to be proud of
COOL TRADE!!!

Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful car and nice upgrade, enjoy it !!

Old 04-19-2008, 12:22 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations on the new car, I like the fact that you offered a price and they accepted it so that they can move the car quickly from the showroom. Over here we only get 5% discount on a new Porsche what ever car it is and thats not that great, however I think black is one of the better colours on this car and I do hope you enjoy it in the best of health,

Old 04-19-2008, 04:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light
That looks great!

Love the colour combo.

Quick Reply: Bye C4S... Hello 997TT!