Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

How to launch a modded Tip?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I am missing something, but if I were to do this, I think slapping on a supercharger on a solid rear axle big American V8 would yield better results, no?

Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Scroll down. P700 kits or higher.....

upgraded material for the automatic. - But I guess the stock Autobox is pretty durable for stock launches and power upgrades. Impressive.

SWITZER | 997 TT Porsche.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Do you know anything about the PDK or Double Clutch Transmissions? You think it's just a coincidence that 'Launch Control" And "Double Clutch Transmission" just happen to be plastered all over the magazines at the same time?

You DO know how each transmission works, right?

And lets face it, you did start a thread about your car not being parked up front by the valets, so it's not a stretch mkay? LOL
LOL you keep talking and further prove why you sell Porsches...Ill keep proving why I buy them....

Old 11-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
And plenty of people blow their auto box's up. It wasn't designed for repeated abuse as the PDK.

Although the PDK is a little quirky.
Im going to go out on limb and say the PDK will break faster with repeated abuse.. Both it, and the TIP have already shown the PDK needs further upgrading with even the slightest of mods, while the TIp has proven to be a rather strong and robust transmission. Lets not forget its used in the Mercedes...which produces how much torque?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
LOL you keep talking and further prove why you sell Porsches...Ill keep proving why I buy them....
Classy Allan. Classy.

I'm asking you about transmissions and b/c you lack the correct answer or know-how you resort to back-handed, unoriginal comments at that.

Bravo to you Sir. You really showed me.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Classy Allan. Classy.

I'm asking you about transmissions and b/c you lack the correct answer or know-how you resort to back-handed, unoriginal comments at that.

Bravo to you Sir. You really showed me.

Was it not you who posted this calling me an uninformed idiot:
Uhm, what?

"The topic isn't about 'faster'. It's about LAUNCHING a Tiptronic and how to 'do it'. And the theme is if you LAUNCH it like a PDK- you're an idiot.

Because it wasn't designed to be LAUNCHED like a 'double clutch transmission'.

Got it? "

Was it then not you who posted this :

"Scroll down. P700 kits or higher.....

upgraded material for the automatic. - But I guess the stock Autobox is pretty durable for stock launches and power upgrades. Impressive.

SWITZER | 997 TT Porsche. "

I purschsed the 997TT TIP knowing full well its strengths and weakness, you on the otherhand have as of NOW been informed of them...

As for your jabs on the VALET (classy) as was said it before it was about peoples perception who obviously deal with a vast assortment of luxury cars..

Old 11-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Im going to go out on limb and say the PDK will break faster with repeated abuse.. Both it, and the TIP have already shown the PDK needs further upgrading with even the slightest of mods, while the TIp has proven to be a rather strong and robust transmission. Lets not forget its used in the Mercedes...which produces how much torque?
True. But the average age of a S63/SL55/S65/SL65 client is much older and less likely to actually 'launch' a car. Thus the transmission won't have to be tested.

But robust it is.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
True. But the average age of a S63/SL55/S65/SL65 client is much older and less likely to actually 'launch' a car. Thus the transmission won't have to be tested.

But robust it is.
Really? Do you have any PROOF or Stats to back this? Im going to go with the avg age of any PERFORMANCE oriented Benz is inline with the age of a turbo buyer...

Old 11-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
So if you know all that, and have purchased all that- why did you not ask Switzer how to properly launch the car?

I'm just asking- not trying to piss you off upset you which clearly I've done.

I'm just asking the question.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Really? Do you have any PROOF or Stats to back this? Im going to go with the avg age of any PERFORMANCE oriented Benz is inline with the age of a turbo buyer...
Proof? Like selling them for over 8 years?

I said Average Allan, not every single person.

Quick Reply: How to launch a modded Tip?