Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New (almost) Turbo S Purchased Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Teamspeed Member
Pmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished road
in my opinion thats genius, get her the new stuff then when something really special comes out, you can easily go purchase whatever it is no questions asked. she can never say no you cant get that now

well played

Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet!!! Now lets see a pic of your Trophy and the new P-car

Old 10-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
Imcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really nice
Thanks everybody for the kind comments.

Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire
So you got the Wife a Turbo S, and your driving the 08 997 Turbo??? Your a better husband than I.
I put a lot of effort in my Turbo to get it "perfect.". It has over 40,000 of factory options and about 20,000 of aftermarket stuff including AWE Exhaust & GIAC flash so I don't feel "slighted."

Originally Posted by Overtaker
I bet!
She's got the newer Cayenne too.
But there I've got the "S". I will replace it this spring or when the 2012's hit with a new one.

Originally Posted by Carrara
Only thing it's missing is a PCA plate...

I don't think you can get them anymore. She wanted a vanity plate that says GOR-JUS1. I told her don't you think that is being a little vain. She said it refers to the car - not her. Even though she is gorgeous.

Originally Posted by _CEO_
Is it Jaime's? Did he trade his in that fast? LOL
Congrats!
Car was sold originally by a Pittsburgh dealer to a Doctor from Pittsburgh and then by a different Pittsburgh dealer to me so it has always been a local car.

Originally Posted by joshg120
not trying to be offensive but isn't there some unwritten rule somewhere that a man has to have nicer cars than his wife?
Rules are made to be broken. Besides she deserves it putting up with me for 34 years.

Originally Posted by scotttharobot
who knows, perhaps she is the breadwinner
Stabilizing influence in my life but not the breadwinner.

Originally Posted by Pmogs
in my opinion thats genius, get her the new stuff then when something really special comes out, you can easily go purchase whatever it is no questions asked. she can never say no you cant get that now

well played
She says no sometimes - not too often. Oh you're talking about buying something.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enoughGiuseS2k will become famous soon enough
Really beautiful! Compliments
I'm sure your wife will enjoy it

Just a question...do you know why the first owner has sold it after only 600miles?

Old 10-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
Imcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really niceImcarnuts is just really nice
Originally Posted by GiuseS2k
Really beautiful! Compliments
I'm sure your wife will enjoy it

Just a question...do you know why the first owner has sold it after only 600miles?
He drove an S550 that the lease was up soon. Bought this as his fun car and was going to lease another S550. He lived, in an older very high end area of Pittsburgh where driveways are small and very little off street parking and it was not very practical to have three cars - his two and his wife's. He traded it on a Panamara Turbo to combine practicality with fun.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Great Household! congrats

Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
CongratZ

Old 10-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
The guys over at Swickley are great to deal with!! We've traded with them a lot. You're in good hands!

Old 10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
The guys over at Sewickley are great to deal with!! We've traded with them a lot. You're in good hands!
I bought my first Porsche from them in 1978 and probably have purchased at least 20 from them since. When I bought the first one, Joe was the parts boy. Sad story there.

Quick Reply: New (almost) Turbo S Purchased Friday