Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Introduction to USP Motorsports (new forum sponsor)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 05:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Chris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to all
Introduction to USP Motorsports (new forum sponsor)

Hey guys. This is a long read.. sorry, I got carried away. If you already know me on 6speed.. take a skim through anyway and re-familiarize yourself

I just wanted to introduce myself and my shop over here on TeamSpeed since I am a new forum sponsor. I’m new to this forum but not the Porsche and European car tuning world. I am the owner of a Volkswagen, Audi, and Porsche vehicle performance and repair facility called USP Motorsports, located in Coral Springs, Florida. We have been in business since 2001 building, tuning, and repairing these vehicles. We regularly perform a variety of operations on Porsches including turbo system upgrades, fuel systems, clutch jobs, maintenance, and engine repairs on both water cooled, and air cooled models. One of my technicians has over 25 years of experience specializing in Porsche, and I myself have been working on these specific vehicles for over 10 years as well. As assumed, we have all the required specialty diagnostic tools and hardware to perform all work properly and to spec. At my shop, we also develop some of our own parts including brake lines, exhaust system components, engine dampers (in conjuction with Fluidampr), intercoolers, and more.

USP Motorsports is a six thousand square foot facility with three Bend Pac vehicle lifts, Dynojet 224x dynamometer, Miller Electric MIG and TIG welders, Hunter Road Force GSP 9700 high speed tire balancing machine, and an alignment machine. Our shop area, where vehicles are serviced, is a sealed air conditioned facility which is cleaned and maintained on a daily basis. We also have a full showroom with customer lounge and display cases always stocked with new product. Some pictures can be found here on my company website, as well as a few below.

I personally own, in representation of my shop, a 700+rwhp Porsche 996 Turbo, a bolt-on 997 Turbo, and an 800+ awhp B5 Audi S4, which is currently the quickest and fastest ¼ mile Audi in the country. My Audi and 996 are both converted to E85 ethanol fuel, both systems engineered, fabricated, and installed in house. Since we have had so much success with the E85 fuel, we have created a reputation for E85 fuel system conversions and have built a handful of systems for customers as well. We have a pre-made fuel system for the 996/997 Turbo, but is currently only available in house.

My 996 Turbo has gone a best ET of 10.28 in the quarter mile, and a best mph of 146. Personal best 60-130 time is 5.18. I also road race this car often, it is outfitted with Brembo GT series 6 piston brakes in the front to assist stopping power. Major modifications to the car is K24/18G turbo’s, USP E85 fuel system conversion, USP Intercoolers, USP turbo inlet pipes, Clutch Masters / USP stage 3 clutch, and an EPL / USP tune. The engine internals are completely factory.

My 997 just has APR software for the time being. I’m using this for product testing and development. It went a best of 11.1 @ 127 in the ¼ mile with just the APR software and 100 octane gas (on off the shelf APR 100oct software). The S4 is strictly a drag car that we race in a sport compact racing association, which is where my roots are. It has a Volkswagen VR6 Turbo engine transplant, Quattro drivetrain, Haltech engine management, and E85 fuel. Its best time is a 9.7 @ 147.

Here are some videos of the cars I just mentioned. They are linked to my YouTube channel, so all of our shop videos are on there.

997 - 11.1 @ 127
YouTube - uspmotorsport's Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7tANjwdGl4

Video of my S4

6Speed Online data for my 60-130 and 1/4 mile stuff
6speedonline's official 60-130, 1/4 Mile, and Standing Mile list - 6speedonline.com Forums

996 Turbo 10.2 pass

996 Turbo 146mph 1/4 mile pass

Here are a few pics from around my shop

My car trailer, before graphics. Getting those very soon.

This picture is older, its missing the whole other bay with the dyno

All of our pictures, news updates, and videos are all posted to our facebook account. Check that out to see everything!!

USP Motorsports | Facebook

Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome!

Old 09-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Welcome

Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS and best of luck, nice lookin' candy there.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
floridaBMW is on a distinguished roadfloridaBMW is on a distinguished roadfloridaBMW is on a distinguished road
Hey Chris, just came on board myself!

I recently had Chris's shop do some work on my turbo and am very pleased with the results! Good luck bud.

Ken

Old 09-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
Pmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished roadPmogs is on a distinguished road

welcome. any more pictures of this lil bad boy?

Old 09-19-2010, 01:10 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Chris welcome to the TEAM!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Chris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to allChris Green@USP is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Pmogs

welcome. any more pictures of this lil bad boy?
Should be some on my site....we built that car back in 2004 it was the first 10sec 1.8t videos are on my youtube ch.

hey ken, sat radio coming soon.