Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Picked up a new toy

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
The lambo has to be plated in Florida because California won't let you turbo cars because of emissions. Complete b.s. in my opinion.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
Drove the car all around today, and I forsee a problem coming... The car is soo much fun to drive, and so easy to drive I can see it making me even more lazy than I already am with not wanting to deal with the drama that surrounds taking the Lambo out..

For an autobox, the car really does shift pretty well. I did a few Vbox runs today with Deuce and sadly was NOT able to recreate let alone beat the 3.6 I achieved last night.. In manual mode the car definitely seems to suck. Each time it seems to bog down getting a 4.4 sec run... Also, people are telling me to rev the car between 4-5K and then pop the brake.. that doesnt seem possible to me, as we rev to about 3k RPM and launch.. In drive with sport mode we got a 4.0 sec 0-60.. Keep in mind its definitely warmer today than last night, and Deuce weighs 100lbs more than my wife does.

Personally I like driving the car around town in Sport and in Drive. Its very responsive, and feels great.. Driving around Bev Hills the car gets hardly a glance. Even though the Porsche is heavier than the Gallardo, it feels somewhat smaller, more planted and easier to maneuver. It feels very safe and sure footed. The Bentley was definitely more comfortable, and the stereo is better. That being said the Porsche is more comfortable than the Gallardo.

What is fun, is that mods are virtually limitless. For the first time in years I bought an Excellence magazine today...

--------------------

Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
L8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
'Grats Allan. But gonna need more pics of the voluptuous blond in the 1st pic...
What he said!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ You guys weren't able to figure out that the beautiful blonde wasn't walking to the Explorer?

Congrats on the new toy, Allan. Your wife looked very comfortable driving it.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
bad ass ride

Old 08-03-2010, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the new toy and enjoy it!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by allanlambo
Really? that high in the revs? Traction control is the PSM button right?
Yes and yes
I will top off at that level

Originally Posted by STOPPIE
fyi the Tiptronic Turbo does NOT have launch control!!!!!!! ...
I have a tiptronic and it launchs....

Old 08-03-2010, 03:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!DD GT3 RD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats...maybe I'll cross your path in bh...I think I've seen your gallardo around...btw is the pic of the Porsche in the taco bell parking lot?

Last edited by DD GT3 RD; 08-03-2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry just checked the car will rev to 3500ish

Old 08-03-2010, 06:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sorry just checked the car will rev to 3500ish

Quick Reply: Picked up a new toy