Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

What to do....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
What to do....

Hi There -

So...car came in - and of course I'm on vacation!

My dealer sent me some pics which I'm very thankful for......but.....there were some surprises..

Car was ordered with Natural Brown interior - with full Black dash -

The car came in with the trim piece for the defroster in Natural Brown and the rest of the dash in black.

Also - I wanted the car with a black steering wheel and it came with natural brown.

Has anyone seen a 911 with a two-tone-ish dash before?

Like or Not - I am going to see it in person shortly. Thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:38 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I have seen many 911's with a two tone dash, in fact, it was exactly the same spec as yours. Did you spec it this way?

Old 07-29-2010, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
I dig the two tone dash - even the Steering wheel. Switch it up a bit... Congrats!!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a natural brown interior with black carbon pieces like the center console. The contrast of the balck and brown look, IMHO great. It'll look amazing. In fact, I just ordered some black floor mats to replace the natural brown ones.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Teamspeed Member
gabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the roughgabrielbps is a jewel in the rough
it looks amazing the way it is!

Old 07-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the way it came personally. Congrats

Old 07-29-2010, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I did not spec it this way. I wanted a full black dash and steering wheel.

I am totally uncertain if I will like this look or not -

Truly, thanks for the replies - I am a bit surprised at the response in favor of the design. Not your typical porsche - maybe that's a good thing....

Old 07-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
take delivery and enjoy it as much as you can!

Old 07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
I'm assuming this is an S Turbo right?

Option 840, for Paddle shifters is a leather option. So the steering wheel with that option should be the same color as the other leather bits in the car.

If you want, go to the Porsche configurator on their website and choose the build in 3D option. Note the 3D option is only available in Windows OS! Configure a Turbo S model with your options to see what it spits out.

Old 07-29-2010, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ok - saw it in person - Can't decide if I like it or not - its definitely different.

What is also cool is that the air vents in the black dash are natural brown in color. That does give a nice contrast.

To others out there - remember to spec the extended FULL leather dash and then deviate that when attempting this. Its a learning experience for the next car :-)

All is all - the Turbo S is pretty sweet. I will hopefully pick her up tomorrow and will take some proper pics over the weekend.