Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Top Gear: 911 Turbo Cabriolet Vs R8 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
phunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond reputephunkshon has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Top Gear: 911 Turbo Cabriolet Vs R8 Spyder

Unfortunately the Stig laps aren't on the end, but the 911 just edged it.

YouTube - top gear.15 04 PART 1 [HQ]

Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!asg612 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
This was great! Thanks for posting. I will search to find the laps though....

I think the R8 lost some of its good lines with the cab. Its too much like the gallardo from a few years ago with an A8 grille.

It does seem to be pretty ridgid though - I like what it did to her hair. Clarkson makes me smile, even though he hates my favorite car.

I like that he says they both dont win - He's right, but he was comparing them to their coupe counterparts, which, was not the original question. How do they compare to each other? Porsche wins - but it is amazing how totally similar these two cars are.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:09 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
R8 looks good as a convertible, the turbo looks funny I like the coupe on the turbo.

Old 07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
The R8 Spider is something I have on my wish list!

Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"....so spend a weekend with you mate in either of these cars and you'll arrive blind with Bonnie Tyler in the passenger seat..."

Sometimes I just love Clarkson hahaha

Old 07-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Why is the video flipped?? Here is a better video including the Stig's laps, and it's not flipped.

Never mind, youtube's dumb copyright removed it

Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Tacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished roadTacet-C is on a distinguished road
I love Top Gear, one of my favorite shows on the tube! When we go to collect the 998 Turbo when it comes out in a few years we will be certain to get tickets for a taping. On that same accord, sorry not a Honda but the literal meaning of the word(!), I'm tossing around the idea of getting an R8 Cab. That may happen sooner than getting the 998 of course.

I absolutely fell in love with the R8 Cab when I saw'er it at the LA Auto Show last December. I like it way better than the Coupe which has that meaningless piece of material on the side of it!

Pity when Clarkson was talking about the prices of the cars in that piece. Bummer that the Brits and all of Europe, most of, pay way more for Autos than in the US or Russia.