Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

In the Flesh: Turbo S Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I've encountered a Turbo S cab in Munich about a week or two ago...
and the sound was way more pronounced and throaty than the one of regular 997.1 TTs I've heard yet

when he went off the throttle you could hear the exhaust spitting

at a red light,a 997 C4S and a V8 Vantage Volante were next to each other...
me and the TTS were in the 2nd row
I was praying to god that one of those guys might hit the throttle harder and the others might react accordingly
and that was exactly what happened
the C4S and V8 Vantage pulled away fast while we were in the second row realizing what was going on....so the TTS driver hit the throttle as well and woooooosh ..
he almost ran in the trunk of the Vantage and had to break hard....
wow,it looked like a Veyron versus an M3 or something...and the LOUD turbo Zing was crazy...will not forget that too soon...

Great car!
Enjoy it as soon as it arrives !

oh and it was in the Leopoldstrasse in Munich if one of the drivers happen to read this

Last edited by ECB; 06-14-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
rocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant futurerocketman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by wyk1982
funny, it almost seems as if the two pictures are two different colors! i love the color of the picture featuring rear of the car yet the first one showing side view looks almost bland... i guess it's just the lighting.

either way i am beyond pumped to get this car next week - just hoping the color looks more like the second picture!!

Just got my 2010 Turbo in GT Silver on Saturday....Great color....I am thrilled with it......looks much more like the 2nd pic !!

Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Painted lowers, aero kit front lip painted, and winner winner

Old 06-14-2010, 05:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rocketman
Just got my 2010 Turbo in GT Silver on Saturday....Great color....I am thrilled with it......looks much more like the 2nd pic !!
And you haven't emailed me the pics yet!

Old 06-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by ECB
I've encountered a Turbo S cab in Munich about a week or two ago...
and the sound was way more pronounced and throaty than the one of regular 997.1 TTs I've heard yet

when he went off the throttle you could hear the exhaust spitting

at a red light,a 997 C4S and a V8 Vantage Volante were next to each other...
me and the TTS were in the 2nd row
I was praying to god that one of those guys might hit the throttle harder and the others might react accordingly
and that was exactly what happened
the C4S and V8 Vantage pulled away fast while we were in the second row realizing what was going on....so the TTS driver hit the throttle as well and woooooosh ..
he almost ran in the trunk of the Vantage and had to break hard....
wow,it looked like a Veyron versus an M3 or something...and the LOUD turbo Zing was crazy...will not forget that too soon...

Great car!
Enjoy it as soon as it arrives !

oh and it was in the Leopoldstrasse in Munich if one of the drivers happen to read this
I read in a magazine that there is a definate pop or two on the over run on the S, also the exhaust note is meant to be a bit better.

My S Cab comes next week, can't wait to find out

Old 06-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I saw two 911 Turbo S Cabriolets on Saturday. Also, a 911 GT3 RS, sold, and a Boxster Spyder, sold. One person got a test drive in the Turbo S, and immediately started discussing the options. He had a normal 997.1 Turbo, and thought of it as a Honda afterwards. And, I just realized the best difference besides the LEDs on the new Turbo. A MUCH larger exhaust area.

Amazing car.

I'll post some videos of the pair later. I got a video of one at full throttle, and it's extremely quite, but it sounds awesome.

Thanks for the pictures

Last edited by Carrera; 06-14-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
and a fantastic spec.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Silver with red guts is hot. I agree that this doesn't stand out much. That is a little disappointing because old turbo S models (964,993) had differences that made them noticeable. Any interior shots?
That's exactly what I've been thinking. In essence, you spec out a Turbo, nudge the boost a little, and . . . ? Why would you pay extra for the S, as sexy as it is?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
L8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond repute
Gorgeous!

Will the new exhaust tip fit a 997.1? If so, where can you get them without paying the dealer prices? In black?

Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by L8apex
Gorgeous!

Will the new exhaust tip fit a 997.1? If so, where can you get them without paying the dealer prices? In black?
It won't fit at all. Look at this comparison.

Although the standard Turbo has after market exhausts in this picture, the difference is obvious. Notice how the bottom of the bumper is flat on the 997.1, and it makes room for the exhausts on the 997.2.

Quick Reply: In the Flesh: Turbo S Pictures