Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Fun chasing a Cup Car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really nice
Fun chasing a Cup Car...

YouTube - May23 CupCar Chase

This was last weekend while at PCA FSR's instructor's clinic at VIR. Weather was iffy and after the black flag I went back out for a few more laps and called it a weekend! Unfortunately the Yellow 944 I pass in the clip was the victim of wet grass in southbend.

The cup car in the video is a 2008 model with upgrades and full sequental gearbox. Not sure of other details beyond those published... 2580# and about 450HP... It sounded like sex on wheels!
Mike

Old 05-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, I want to be you when I grow up...

I take it your upgrades are working well? BTW, that Cayman looked FAST...

...until you smoked him.

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 05-30-2010 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Your turbo is a beast to stay this close to a cup car!

Old 05-31-2010, 02:20 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
octurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
what mods and tires are you running on your car now? looks like you had a lot of fun at vir!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
L8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond reputeL8apex has a reputation beyond repute
Nice vid! That cup car is quick!!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant futureBullitt44 has a brilliant future
great vid and session.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Great vid, VIR is on my list of tracks to visit

Old 06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really nice
Now come the list of excuses...

I haven't driven this car on VIR or any other track in 18 months, and have made a boatload of changes in that timeframe...

The car already had upgraded K16/K24 turbos/intercoolers/hoses, along with proper software to manage the kit from UMW. I also have custom Bilstein PSS9s (NOT off the shelf PSS9s) valved and sprung for my application. The suspension has the following upgrades:

HR Swaybars with TRG and TARRET droplinks
GT3 split control arms up front with inner monoballs
Rear dogbones
MODE pillowballs
RSS Adjustable thrust bushings

Brakes consist of GT3 6 pot calipers up front on coleman racing two piece 350MM rotors, using GT3RS brake coolling ducts and Pagid Yellow pads. The rears consist of 997TT rear rotors, 996TT calipers, and Pagid Black pads. I use Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

The transmission is all new to me and is really providing a source of adjustment. It has an all new 997TT mainshaft, 1/2/3 gear and the 5th gear from the GT3RSR. The system also has all safety wired rollpins, new bearings, steel syncros, a guards LSD, and a few other bits and bobels I'm sure I've forgotten. The shifter is a 997SSK

The wheels are CCW C10s with Nitto NTO1s in 315-30-18s in back and 245-40-18s up front.

For safety, it's limited because the car is a street car still... But I'm using the DaSport bolt in rollbar, an ultrashield seat and a 6 point Teamtech Rampac harness setup.

I was leaving a LOT on the table, because I'm not used to driving this car at speed on a racetrack. It's been a while... I expect to make up well over 5 seconds on that course by the end of this season.

Mike

Originally Posted by octurbo
what mods and tires are you running on your car now? looks like you had a lot of fun at vir!

Old 06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Some pics of your car please?

Old 06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member

Quick Reply: Fun chasing a Cup Car...