Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Keithta's White Techart Body Kit w/ HRE 20s

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Driver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond reputeDriver007 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Keithta's White Techart Body Kit w/ HRE 20s

From Kietha-
"So after getting my car back from Protomotive and driving it for about 6 weeks now, I had my 997 TT dropped off at Wheels Boutique in Miami to have the following installed:

Front Wheels: HRE 597 20x8.5 Gloss Black w/ 2.5" Chrome Lip
Rear Wheels: HRE 597 20x12 Gloss Black w/ 4" Chrome Lip

Pirelli 245/30/20 up front
Pirelli 325/25/20 in back

The Techart body kit Type 1 was installed which included:

Front Chin Spoiler
Side Skirts
Rear Air Diffuser
Trunk Wing
GT3 Air Vent
Techart Springs (lower 3/4") (the springs are visibile in the enlarged view of the rear wheel)

To keep unsprung weight to a minimum, my goal was to not exceed the weight of the factory 19" wheel with tire. But since I liked the HRE 597s so much, I took the hit on some extra weight.

In case you guys do not know, the 20" HRE 597 wheels are deisgned to be somewhat lighweight. They are about equal to or less than the weight of the stock 19s. But after wrapping them with a 20" tire the weight does go up some more - but not by much.....

I weighed the stock wheels against the HREs and this is what I came up with:

Stock front 19" with tire inflated: 46.5 lbs.
Stock rear 19" with tire inflated: 56.5 lbs.

HRE 597 20" front with tire inflated: 51.0 lbs.
HRE 597 20" rear with tire inflated: 57.5 lbs

So bottom line,
I am now heavier by 4.5 lbs. per side in the front.
I am now heavier by 1.0 lb. per side in the rear.

Total unsprung weight increase: 11 lbs (spread scross the 4 corners). I hope this isnt substantial enough to slow my drag strip trap speeds down....does anyone on the board have any experience in effecting their 1/4 mile trap speeds with adding a similar amount unsprung weight from a wheel/tire change? I dont care about ET - just trap speed.

As for my impressions regarding how the car feels.......actually better than I expected. Actually, my experiences with adding lowering springs to a vehicle were never positive. Due to a past experience, I expected my car to have a very slight "pogo stick" effect when going over bumps in the road. To my surprise, there wasnt any of that at all. Although a slight difference may actually exist, I didnt notice any change in ride stiffness nor did I feel imperfections in the road any more or any less than before the install.

What I did notice was positive. Less body roll and better cornering due to a lower center of gravity and tightness of the spring. The tires also contribute postively as well.

As far as appearance is concerned....I give the complete setup an "A". The black w/chrome wheel with 4" inch lip against the Yellow calipers look incredibly aggressive! The techart kit "finishes" the car with a far better "visual balance" than what comes on the car from the factory. In the short time Ive been driving it, I noticed that the car is getting more looks and comments on the road as I drive.

So improved handling & appearace...Im pleased thus far. My thanks goes out to the team at Wheels Boutique for the help.

Here are some photos of my car from this afternoon:

Attached Images       
Old 03-31-2008, 07:43 AM
Banned
Club411 is an unknown quantity at this point
MY LORD does that look sick! I had to drink Nyquil after looking at those pics!

Hot bro !

Old 03-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
miboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond reputemiboxer96 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful Car....Starting to love white more and more...

Old 03-31-2008, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
pixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished road
DAMN is that a house !!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Clear side markers needed, otherwise it's a stunner and the house ain't too shabby either.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
this 997 looks happy
11lbs more of sprung weight = need to make more hps

Old 03-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond repute
The car looks great.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks amazing. Is that Carrera white? Because it looks like Balloon white.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
EliteOne9002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keithta, the LOOK!! it has the LOOK!! Seriously nice job

Old 03-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
formula1champ33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great looking car!

Quick Reply: Keithta's White Techart Body Kit w/ HRE 20s