Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Porsche 997 Turbo PDK vs Audi R8 V10

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Now, the Turbo is posting numbers of 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. The V10 is supposed to be 3.6ish. That Turbo did on walk it like a 2.9 second car should have. I'm curious what happened?

Old 05-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tblackj
Now, the Turbo is posting numbers of 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. The V10 is supposed to be 3.6ish. That Turbo did on walk it like a 2.9 second car should have. I'm curious what happened?
That`s because they didnt do 0-60 A rolling start is another story. The turbo has ALOT of advantage from stand still because of its advanced launch control and fast shifting PDK gearbox.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:28 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
I'm surprised that V10 didn't stretch her legs better at top end.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
The sound and volume of the Turbo pales in comparison to the R8.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Here's the strange part. The Audi feels much faster than the Porsche. I test drove a pdk turbo the other day and thought it horrid and boring. Much less engaging than the Audi.
Not exactly in the same manner; but I've been saying this for a while now. Porsche, and how they achieve thier numbers and how the 997 does what it does, is almost -TOO easy. Too easy, means ...........well...............boring.

You would think for a car that does less then 3 seconds in the 60, you should have the adrenaline pumping. But Porsche does it with a machine like precision.

The GT3RS or GT3 on the other hand....or GT2? Fuggetaboutit. The GT2 will rip your face off if you're not paying attention.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The funny thing is that this race eliminated the PDK equipped Turbos greatest advantage...THE LAUNCH. This would have been real bad for the R if this was from a dead stop.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
The funny thing is that this race eliminated the PDK equipped Turbos greatest advantage...THE LAUNCH. This would have been real bad for the R if this was from a dead stop.
The R8 launching system is no slouch either. Fast or not, one thing for sure is that Audi R8 is taking a junk of market away the aging 911...

Old 05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by vincentdds
The R8 launching system is no slouch either. Fast or not, one thing for sure is that Audi R8 is taking a junk of market away the aging 911...
I think every test I have read on the R8V10 has the 0-60 in the high 3.8-3.9 range...really not a slouch at all but still gives up ALOT to the PDK launch control in the Turbo.
With that said I still love the R8V10 look and who can deny that Lambo engine sound! Intoxicating to say the least. On the Turbo: aging, handicapped on race tracks cause of its rear engine set up, and questionable shape all play a roll when comparing it to the sexy mid engined, beautiful sculpted Audi Gallardo with out question...these facts still did not sway me from going with the mighty 911 Turbo. I guess its my passion for the brand (specifically the 911 Turbo), and Audi has a long way to go to get to that level regardless of a strong sales quarter.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:08 PM
mhh
Teamspeed Junior Member
mhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished roadmhh is on a distinguished road
Audi Gallardo?

Old 05-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud ofBogdanMB has much to be proud of
I believe he mentioned it that way, since, the concept of the Audi R8 v10 is inspired from the Lamborghini Gallardo.

my 2c.

Quick Reply: Porsche 997 Turbo PDK vs Audi R8 V10