Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

EVOMS 997.2TT PDK 1/4 Mile Testing – First 997.2 to run in the 10's - Pics & Vids

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor
Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mike@AwdMotorsports You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The car is a BEAST.. Congrats!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Time to post a few more now that I've uploaded them:

Old 05-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Great stuff guys!
And there were some beautiful Porsche cars there!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't imagine driving this! I was blown away with how the stock .2 turbo gets up and just goes let alone something like this.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
I can't imagine driving this! I was blown away with how the stock .2 turbo gets up and just goes let alone something like this.
Just got done driving it myself and although I haven't driven a stock 997.2 Turbo to compare it to, I was blown away by how civilized and relaxing it was to drive on the street. Yet, when you get on it and let the turbos spool, it's a very interesting sensation. You'd better make sure you have a clear view of the road in front of you because it scoots! It's truly amazing and the EVOMS guys are awesome to chat with! I cant' say enough good things about them.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute

Alex this shot is killer. You are one lucky kid to have driven these cars.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah, I'm really grateful to EVOMS for giving me a crack at it. I seriously have a perma-grin right now! I can't get over how awesome the 997.2 Turbo was. I don't think I'll be driving the silver GT2 any time soon. It's just a bit too extreme for me but it's a beautifully built machine.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
How do you like that PDK?

Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JonA85
How do you like that PDK?
It's interesting. In a car like this, it makes it way easier to drive around town and I think it makes the power a little more accessible but personally, I would've preferred a manual.

The shifts in manual mode with the sport button on are pretty harsh and the car seemed to bog slightly during gear changes. I don't have enough experience or seat time with this 997.2 to explain why it felt that way.

That being said, when left in auto mode, it was a dream to just putt around in.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
A few shots from today:

Quick Reply: EVOMS 997.2TT PDK 1/4 Mile Testing – First 997.2 to run in the 10's - Pics & Vids