Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Paint Protection Film Gone Wrong - 997 Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ and are very much appreciated!

Old 05-04-2010, 01:26 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Mr.Gekko is an unknown quantity at this point
Now that's what I call a bad installation,
glad you guys got the job done right

Old 05-07-2010, 01:48 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!!! Our team works very hard in constantly improving on this craft.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Holy smokes, what a hack that installer was.

+1 to what Eric said; no idea why someone would 'cheap out' when it comes to a clear bra- only defense would be trusting the installer to do the work.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:54 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Holy smokes, what a hack that installer was.

+1 to what Eric said; no idea why someone would 'cheap out' when it comes to a clear bra- only defense would be trusting the installer to do the work.
It is the nature of many dealerships to obtain the "cheapest" installer. Unfortunately, this is a craft that takes many years to become proficient and many more years beyond to become a master. This comes with time and a price that many dealerships are unwilling to pay for.

However, not all dealerships choose this route. This is just a note to many of what may happen if price is chosen over quality.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
calling that customer an idiot is not fair.

There is no one within a 4 hour drive who seems to be able to do this in my area.

My application shows edges at many places, and two many stretch marks, etc.

I did insist that the installer did not cut any where near my paint. I also had her redo it once, as the first time was terrible.

I live in a rural area, with few car diseased people in our region.

My paint is protected, and when I clean it up, I am the only one who notices the imperfections.

I am not an idiot, I just had to make decisions regarding time I was willing to travel, or extensive cost of shipping my car hundreds of miles.

When someone who can do this properly arrives in Pittsburgh, I will have plenty of business for them.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:38 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
We never made such a comment.

Originally Posted by brnsrgn
calling that customer an idiot is not fair.

There is no one within a 4 hour drive who seems to be able to do this in my area.

My application shows edges at many places, and two many stretch marks, etc.

I did insist that the installer did not cut any where near my paint. I also had her redo it once, as the first time was terrible.

I live in a rural area, with few car diseased people in our region.

My paint is protected, and when I clean it up, I am the only one who notices the imperfections.

I am not an idiot, I just had to make decisions regarding time I was willing to travel, or extensive cost of shipping my car hundreds of miles.

When someone who can do this properly arrives in Pittsburgh, I will have plenty of business for them.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
uh, you didn't, someone else did.

was just trying to show another perspective to someone who perhaps wrote without thinking.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by Mr.Gekko
Now that's what I call a bad installation,
glad you guys got the job done right
Glad we were able to help the customer out. He was very frustrated with the other company.

Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Here's another example of a bad installation. Was installed by the local Ferrari dealer's vendor:

And Yes, there were razor cuts on the paint, but we were able to polish out most of it.

Quick Reply: Paint Protection Film Gone Wrong - 997 Turbo Cab