Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Allocation of VIN number to actual build date.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:04 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Question Allocation of VIN number to actual build date.

How long would it typically take to get your P car built from the date you received the VIN number? I received the VIN number for my Turbo S a few weeks ago for a yet to be confirmed late May early June build date. Delivery down under is expected sometime in September.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
No idea. You boys down under are far from the motherland donchyaknow.

Old 04-17-2010, 04:40 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
That is very strange.

In years past, the VIN was assigned at the END of production. Odd.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Is it a VIN number or a production slot number??
I would think it’s a production slot number… and to my understanding and if you did not select any CT options it normally takes 30-45 day for it to make it to the ship/plane

Old 04-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Is it a VIN number or a production slot number??
I would think it’s a production slot number… and to my understanding and if you did not select any CT options it normally takes 30-45 day for it to make it to the ship/plane
I have the VIN number and the production slot number. The salesman looked up the status of the car on the P network this morning but still no build date shown on the system.