Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

VIDEO: 997 GT2 vs 997.2 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
The new Turbo is such a beast... love it
Great Videos, thanks very much.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Great vid!

Gotta ask - where do you find them beautiful roads totally bereft of traffic? I can walk faster than traffic allows around here any time day or night.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie
Great vid!

Gotta ask - where do you find them beautiful roads totally bereft of traffic? I can walk faster than traffic allows around here any time day or night.
Pretty sure it's their skyway.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the roughFerdinand is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AudiRS
I've always enjoyed your races. I am almost convinced if a better driver drove the GT2 the gap would have been smaller or the GT2 would be ahead. He needs to get on the throttle at the count of 2, so by the time it's at the count of 3 the turbos would have spooled.
I don't think that's the point.
You really want to compare both cars, not to force a winner...

Old 04-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond reputehesperus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gerbs
Thank you so much for the great video clips. What about a standing start with the Z06 and the Turbo?
the Z06 wouldn't know which way the Turbo went!!!

anyway, i never drag launch any of my cars (and even if i wanted to, i'd suck at it)...

Originally Posted by E36-RAT
Another great video from hesperus!
Thanks mate!
thanks for the kind words. they're kinda fun to do

Originally Posted by jamie
1) wake up really early on a Sunday;
2) have friends up ahead as spotters, and use two-way radios for quick relaying of info!

Originally Posted by JuanPablo046
I don't think that's the point.
You really want to compare both cars, not to force a winner...
partly true... we just wanna give a "real world" (at least for our part of the world) picture of how these wonderful cars stack up. having said that, i really do think the GT2 could have done better, especially on a longer stretch of road, and if they started at a slightly higher speed.

oh well, gotta try again sometime then!

Old 04-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Lumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond reputeLumma has a reputation beyond repute
wont the turbo benefit from a dig rather than a rolling start?
since the turbo is awd and the GT2 Rwd

Old 04-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of
not gonna say much ... just an awesome video!

Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
The 997.2 Turbo w/ PDK is simply ballistic.

Tough to say why the races went in favor of the Turbo. My first impression was that it spools faster, and therefore gets a better initial pull, which the GT2 can't compensate for during the rest of the run (because of either power or driver). But, I don't know the shift points of the cars either.

Either way, fun to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
NICE... They need me driving that GT2 though hahah

Old 04-13-2010, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
andremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enoughandremarino will become famous soon enough
thats great...those pdk are amazing....but...don´t forget that the new turbo is like I said new...it have more evolution on those engines and everythings and those pdk are the top of the top....and the turbo S have the same power of the gt2....for me the gt2 is my dream car but I can´t imagine how can it be if they launch a gt2.2 or something like that....
the turbo is a car....on of the best....but the gt2 is the beast!!!

Quick Reply: VIDEO: 997 GT2 vs 997.2 Turbo