Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Door sill options for a Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Question Door sill options for a Turbo S

I recently placed 10% deposit with my dealer for my ice blue metallic Turbo S with the blue/black interior. I now have a Comm# and an estimated build date of early June with a target delivery date in Oz of late August, early September. It's been a long wait but it will have been worth it considering I placed a smaller deposit for this car 2 years ago.

Anyway, the reason for the thread is that I spoke to the dealer a few days later regarding the outer door sill options. I prefer the look of the carbon sills over the standard Turbo S sills. I was hoping to add the illuminated carbon sills to the order but when he checked with PCA they told him that it would delay the build by 3 months

As I'm not prepared to delay the build I will stick with the standard Turbo S sills. Has anyone on the forum ever chosen the XES option "Preparation outer door sills guards - illuminated" and then retrofitted the carbon sills when they became available? If so is it hard to do?

Old 03-14-2010, 07:53 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Order it later once the parts are available, If I were you I would wait and get my car complete with the ideal order spec.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
might cost you more to fit it at the dealer. don't forget that you pay the price difference of the standard stills of the car.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:09 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Not difficult at all. The sills are going to be available in July. I have a Turbo S Coupe and a Cabrio on order for clients. May and June production, both want carbon sills. The illuminated sills are a fairly simple install and will be available to retrofit this summer. I doubt the order will accept XES without the sills but it is a simple job.

hattawi is correct, it will cost you more to have them retrofitted. However the few hundred difference to enjoy your car for several months makes it totally forgettable.

Slightly confused on your build to delivery time. For US cars we see the vehicle about a month after production is completed. Does it really take twice the time for transport to OZ? That and CONGRATS MATE!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Not difficult at all. The sills are going to be available in July. I have a Turbo S Coupe and a Cabrio on order for clients. May and June production, both want carbon sills. The illuminated sills are a fairly simple install and will be available to retrofit this summer. I doubt the order will accept XES without the sills but it is a simple job.

hattawi is correct, it will cost you more to have them retrofitted. However the few hundred difference to enjoy your car for several months makes it totally forgettable.

Slightly confused on your build to delivery time. For US cars we see the vehicle about a month after production is completed. Does it really take twice the time for transport to OZ? That and CONGRATS MATE!
Thanks Cobber. That what I was told by the dealer. From order to delivery is typically 6 months. So I will just need to be patient. And obviously very envious once the ROTW starts having their Turbo S's delivered.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:48 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gerbs
Thanks Cobber. That what I was told by the dealer. From order to delivery is typically 6 months. So I will just need to be patient. And obviously very envious once the ROTW starts having their Turbo S's delivered.
I have my clients S Cab to arrive in June and S Coupe in July. Will post photos to help hold you over!

Old 03-17-2010, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I have my clients S Cab to arrive in June and S Coupe in July. Will post photos to help hold you over!
Look forward to that. Thanks

Old 03-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
solarlottry is an unknown quantity at this point
i just replaced my old stainless ill. turbo sills in my 09TT with carbon fiber Porsche ones that i ordered from Suncoast and besides the price of the sills (850$) it was cheap to do and it took the dealer only a few hours. The hard part is getting the old stainless ones off as they are taped down pretty good. With the stock ones it should be much faster. By the way after the stainless ones were removed they were unusable as the dealer had to bend them to get them off. The carbon fiber looks WAY BETTER.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by solarlottry
i just replaced my old stainless ill. turbo sills in my 09TT with carbon fiber Porsche ones that i ordered from Suncoast and besides the price of the sills (850$) it was cheap to do and it took the dealer only a few hours. The hard part is getting the old stainless ones off as they are taped down pretty good. With the stock ones it should be much faster. By the way after the stainless ones were removed they were unusable as the dealer had to bend them to get them off. The carbon fiber looks WAY BETTER.
The regular carbon sills are a AUD$1290 option here in Oz if you order them with the car. Not sure how much they would charge as a stand alone order but no doubt way more than the option price.