Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Will get 997.2 TT tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Team! Beautiful car you've got there! Congrats!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
That is a awesome car, Im sure we would all like to see pics of your old cars and the crashed LP. We love pic around here.

And who told you the tint "has to settle" lol No it doesnt. You cannot roll the windows down for a day or two, but you could certainly drive it without using the windows. I have tinted many cars and always drive them away from the tint place no problem

Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to all
Some initial thoughts.

Break-in: I usually dont do this but this is first time in turbo car, I drove 50km softly, and then drove just hardly afterwards. However, will wait until 1000km to test max speed and full boost.

Also, I dont track my cars, so this thoghts are purely subjective as novice driver with no track exp whatsoever. Please dont expect too much.

Handling: 8. 10 being F430, it is great to toss the car around mainly because car feels small. Direct feeling and control is just porsche itself. LP was numb if I have to compare awd, thus LP was around 6 or 7. Body roll is there. F430 has some body roll but car manages the roll gracefully. In LP, you dont really notice any roll on the road.

Ride quality: In LP, you feel every bump. Very unease and uncomfotable. Long wheel base and stiff suspension makes it impossible to try any speed around town. On highway, LP has beyond comparison. It just goes until you hit 300kmh. F430 feels civilized in a way that you actually feel you can use everyday-wrong!!! but you feel that way. Turbo, due to its short wheel base, you feel bumps alot and it shakes you alot. Best car I ever had with to move around town was unexpecedly R8.

Brakes: Porsche does the job great. Never tried high speed emergency braking but I saw potential.

Turbo Lag: First time, so dont know. I can only say, I feel I have enough power waiting even at low RPM.

On highway: I usually drive highway fast in the midnight. Some might say it is dangerous and it is dangerous. So I wont go detail about what sort of crazy speed I am doing at my local highway. This is rather sensitive subject. So, I will say only about what I think when you go fast on highway in Turbo. On highways, worst enemy is sideway wind. Next one is body stability. Last I think is the way car manages even slight bumps on the surface. Turbo is high enough to be impacted by sidewinds. LP doesnt move around by side wind. F430 and Turbo moves alot. Having awd doesnt comfort you either. You know you will get screwed by unlucky side wind at any time. Thus you cant really push those two. Turbo also lacks body stability. If I go around high speed corner at 100% in F430, with LP at 80%, with turbo around 70%-% being speed not the potential of the cars. If I can go A to B in 10 mins in F430, LP can get you in less than 10 mins because of straight line speed but usually it takes more time due to lack of straight line. In turbo, 13 mins. That much scarely. In LP, if you dont know the road, every small bumps can kill you at high speed. You dont have any margin. Car goes airbone if not careful. F430, car handles bumps really well. More forgiving. Turbo, 90% of what F430 can do with bumps. LP 70% of F430.

PDK: Lack feeling of F1 shift. Smooth and just perfect when cruising. Downshift slow than expected. But when I bought TT cab, I wanted something easy and relaxed than hardcore F1 shifts and PDK nailed those needs. In NA cars, PDK might be a disappointment.

So far, so good.

Thank you for welcomeing ments to all.

Attached Images   
Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Car looks amazing. Be sure to post a review when you get some miles on it.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
j09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to allj09333 is a name known to all
After 1000km, I can say the followings so far.

From stop to 150 or maybe 200kmh, 997.2 TT is beyond expectation.

LP640 doesnt even come close.

You have to take it easy up to say, 50kmh in LP, then shift to 2nd(1st is too harsh) and floor it. Otherwise, you will cook expensive rear tires.

Turbo just takes off from the stop right away!

And the rush and power turbo makes push you back into the seat all the way up to 200kmh more impressively than LP.

F430, after turbo, you dont even need to testdrive one.

Turbo can do the job more easily and efficiently.

If you have to have Italian, look beyond F430.

My thinking is, with Turbo, you dont need another car of same speed range;Other factors like handling and sound can make F430 wonderful but if you can afford F430, why not lets say 'used 355' since you already have sub 300kmh car.

Although, After 200, it takes quite a while to reach 300kmh.

Turbo might be faster to reach 300, but F430 with its sound makes 0-300 more interesting.

Also, initial rush in the turbo make you feel you are going slow over 200kmh;speed doesnt just build up that fast anymore obviously, so you feel like you should go faster than it actually does.

PDK does the magic for you. It lacks the sound of F1 downshift. However, it shifts smoothly as well as fast. After 1000km, lag between pulling the paddle and shifting is gone(?); maybe not gone but I somehow learned when to shift avoiding the rpm range which induces lag???? Or just sport mode on all the time.

I found it best to leave PDK in drive with sport button on.

With sport button on, your car will be a little bumpier than normal;PASM normal of course but you will feel difference between normal+normal(pasm) and sport+normal(pasm) still. But because of PDK's programing, you have to have sport mode on.

Paddle is a disappointment. It just requires too much force;Paddle has to operate with minimum force IMHO. You will find you dont use it that much.

When I bought Turbo cab, I had a few things in mind.

Low profile-Yes!

No worry of serivce-It is Porsche!

Descent 0-300-Not quite. 0-220,230 Amazing!

Easy to drive around-PDK rocks! With top down, PDK in drive, you floor it and with turbo sound in you ear, you are gone. No need to shift what so ever. Also PDK selects right gear everytime in sport mode.

So, F430 is now in the showroom floor. LP is in the service. I am selling them all and looking for another supercar. I was debating with myself of selling LP after service.

After turbo, I spoiled myself again. I am afraid of getting disappointed by my beloved black LP once I drove again back to back with my turbo. After 3 days of turbo ownership, F430 was gone. I sensed somehow, LP could be the same stroy.

670sv, next LP, CGT!!!....so many to choose from. Life is good.

Last edited by j09333; 02-28-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Barrister
안녕하세요? 환영합니다.
Yes welcome and gorgeous car! Nice Hanguk writing

Last edited by evoviiiyou; 02-28-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome write-up. It sounds like the .2 turbo is really a special car, I mean if it is pushing the f430 and LP out of the stable. A CGT sounds like it would be perfect. Life is good

Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great review, my vote is stay with porsche and pick up the CGT. Keep enjoying your TT.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enoughJohnUSA will become famous soon enough
congrats! And don't turn off PSM

Old 02-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Love it.

Quick Reply: Will get 997.2 TT tomorrow!