Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Canceled my 997.2 Turbo order. Got a Scud.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010 | 07:07 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Canceled my 997.2 Turbo order. Got a Scud.

What an ordeal this past few weeks have been. I finally made a decision that the 997.2 Turbo, although quick and quite an improvement over the 997.1 Turbo that I recently parted with, was not a significant enough change for me to purchase it.

The price tag on my 997.2 Turbo is 174k US which is a bit higher than expected and nearing the price of other desirable cars that I wouldn't mind getting my hands on.

This time I decided to try something completely new to me and purchase an Italian car, something I have yet to do in my life.

Selling the Turbo and taking that much of a hit simply to replace it with a slighter better car made no sense to me.

Seeing how the only Lamborghini I like is and LP 670 SV and that it is out of my reach financially at the moment, my choices were to jump into a new Maserati Gran Turismo S with the MC Sport kit or a slightly used Ferrari Scuderia (2k miles).

Both are beautiful in their own way. The only disadvantage of the GT S was the cheap materials used in parts of the cockpit. Other than that and being a bit underpowered I absolutely love it. Girls love it, my gf loves it, people stare at it, it has an intoxicating exhaust note, and it is purely a great GT car. Unfortunately I was not able to drive it, but I did have the opportunity to drive a regular GT Automatic, and thought it was a nice car.

After spending enough time contemplating the Maserati, I moved on to my next option. I heard what sounded like a thunderous roar. The salesman was pulling into the dealer delivery area in an amazing white Scuderia. My jaw dropped literally.

I quickly sat in the snug sports bucket seats. As my heels banged the raw metallic floor, my first feeling was that I was sitting on top of a missile. The car is made for driving. I can't really explain what it was like to test drive it, other than saying that I felt more like a kid today than the time I got my first car over a decade ago. For my close friends who were there on that great day, they know exactly how joyous that experience was.

My decision was very difficult to make; however great the 430 Scuderia experience was, I was a bit worried of putting that much money into a car with a stripped out interior. I understand the reasons behind it.

In the end what made my mind up though was the fact that for once I will be buying a car that will hold its value fairly well over the years, one that I won't want to sell in the next two years or so, a truly unique car in my country (there are few Scuderias and this is the only white one), and most importantly the raw, surreal experience that driving the Scuderia introduced me to. This experience can never get boring. I truly fell in love on Valentine's day and I feel like a cheated on my loved one

I will be picking her up by early next week, but in the meantime let me post a few pics of her. If I did not have a daily driver, I would have chosen the Maserati hands down. Luckily I already have a DD.

Last edited by turbotronic; 02-14-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-14-2010 | 07:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
gerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to allgerbs is a name known to all
Congrats on the new purchase. Hope you will get to enjoy it as much as you did the Porsche.

Old 02-14-2010 | 07:20 AM
M-M
Teamspeed Junior Member
M-M is on a distinguished roadM-M is on a distinguished road
"Felt like a kid", that´s what money is for when you are +30, amazing car! I am going to order 458 Spyder to next year just for the same reson and the ladies of course

Old 02-14-2010 | 08:42 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Not so fast there. I still have a year left before the Big 3-0. I uploaded a few pictures as well.

Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2010 | 08:48 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the Scud Missle, enjoy and be safe Pal.

Old 02-14-2010 | 09:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
This the one for sale at Hartley?

Old 02-14-2010 | 09:06 AM
M-M
Teamspeed Junior Member
M-M is on a distinguished roadM-M is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turbotronic
Not so fast there. I still have a year left before the Big 3-0. I uploaded a few pictures as well.
White is nice! Until 2011 (white 458 Spyder) I have to play with my white GT2, being tuned right now

Pic´s of my RS tuning installation (I hope it´s ok to post 6sp link)
997 GT2 RS Tuning Stage III - 6speedonline.com Forums

Cheers

Old 02-14-2010 | 09:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute0-60Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Enjoy it, it looks gorgeous

Old 02-14-2010 | 09:25 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by LABrit
This the one for sale at Hartley?
No it's not.

Old 02-14-2010 | 09:26 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by M-M
White is nice! Until 2011 (white 458 Spyder) I have to play with my white GT2, being tuned right now

Pic´s of my RS tuning installation (I hope it´s ok to post 6sp link)
997 GT2 RS Tuning Stage III - 6speedonline.com Forums

Cheers
Your car is plain nuts. I love it.

Thanks guys for the kind comments. I'll take pics with a better camera upon delivery.

Quick Reply: Canceled my 997.2 Turbo order. Got a Scud.