Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Drove the 997.2 Turbo with PDK today

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Drove the 997.2 Turbo with PDK today

On my way to drop the Murcielago for it's service, I popped by the Porsche dealer to get a couple items and was offered a test drive in the new Turbo. I naturally couldn't resist myself.

I love the way the new steering wheel looks and the PDK. Wow, omg etc. brings a tear to my eye. What a wonderful gearbox!!!

The power of the new Turbo is also so much more instant. I really really like it!

The best part of it all was the dealer told me to do launch conotrol.

Step on the brake with your left foot and flatten the accelerator until RPMS are limited to optimal launch RPM and let go.
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER felt something launch like that before! Out of all the cars I have driven, the launch on this car is INSANE!!! It blows the GT2 even out of the water. I even did it a couple times before we returned to the showroom. My neck was stiff! The geforces are undescribable and I loved it!

I am seriously comptemplating the Turbo S when it comes out in PDK. What a machine, do yourself a favour and try launch control

Old 02-13-2010, 08:34 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the purchase of your 997.2 Turbo PDK that you definitely now own!!

Old 02-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Congrats on the purchase of your 997.2 Turbo PDK that you definitely now own!!
Haha Jox

Old 02-13-2010, 09:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Sounds very nice ;o)

Did the dealer say anything about how many launches you could do, before you need to shift the clutch?

Old 02-13-2010, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
He said this car could do it all day long. Plus there is no limit with the warranty we have here

Old 02-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
He said this car could do it all day long. Plus there is no limit with the warranty we have here
Porsche quality!!

Old 02-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
No kidding...I have an 08 997.1 TT 6 speed MT and dropped by my dealer a bit curious about PDK. I've never owned a "slush box" sports car before.

BUT, geez...the combo of PDK with the power/torque of the 997.2 TT is totally intoxicating. And, I totally agree that LC is amazing. My only concern is whether or not the novelty of PDK will wear off after a bit and I'll find my left foot getting lonely.

That was an expensive Saturday afternoon

Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Two cars this week eh Mike?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by alin2.5
No kidding...I have an 08 997.1 TT 6 speed MT and dropped by my dealer a bit curious about PDK. I've never owned a "slush box" sports car before.

BUT, geez...the combo of PDK with the power/torque of the 997.2 TT is totally intoxicating. And, I totally agree that LC is amazing. My only concern is whether or not the novelty of PDK will wear off after a bit and I'll find my left foot getting lonely.

That was an expensive Saturday afternoon
I love my 6MT as well, but damn this PDK is so well thought through. When you are in lower RPM, the gear changes are more gentle and slow. When it shifts at redline its lightning quick! I don't think I would ever get bored of it.

Originally Posted by Alex
Two cars this week eh Mike?
Haha, tell me about it The V12 and Superleggera was within the same month as well!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Something tells me the Turbo S will be worth the wait! Good luck, Mike!

Quick Reply: Drove the 997.2 Turbo with PDK today