Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

I shouldn't have done that...

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 12:24 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That PDK "delay" could be a software thing. I've heard of it, but I've never experienced it in my car. The only thing close is a pause if I try to go through 3-4 gears immediately. When I am going up or down a gear, it's near-instantaneous.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by stuka
I am going to be the contrarian here and tell you to NOT buy the 997.2 Turbo.

I am just not down with the A91 motor.

The M64 in your car is much superior, and that is why 997.2 GT3 still uses the M64 and not the A91.

At the very least, wait a year or two and see if any of these turbo'ed A91's blow up before buying.
I just don't get why people keep banging on about this engine being a time bomb !!!! Do you really think Porsche would release this engine in it's flagship
model if it wasn't thoroughly tested and up to the job ???

Even if it did go pop a year down the line, u have warranty !!!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
I think it's safe to say that when you decide to make a thread about a car, you've passed the point of no return.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glenn Mc
I just don't get why people keep banging on about this engine being a time bomb !!!! Do you really think Porsche would release this engine in it's flagship
model if it wasn't thoroughly tested and up to the job ???

Even if it did go pop a year down the line, u have warranty !!!
But if they are so sure of this engine, why did PAG put the M64 in the 997.2 GT3?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Glenn Mc You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by stuka
But if they are so sure of this engine, why did PAG put the M64 in the 997.2 GT3?
I have no gripe about the M64 probably being better, especially in terms of race track abuse as that's where it has been proven. However, the Turbo is for a different market, and has to meet different tolerences, and most importantly, it needs to be shown as a big improvement in terms of fuel efficiency, something that i don't think is a major factor for the GT3's market.

Also, maybe there are some interface problems with that engine to PDK ????

Lets not write this new engine off until something has ACTUALLY happened to give us doubt...

Innocent until proven guilty and all that eh.....