Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a car-aholic...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Member
flyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Mikelly
You guys can blame Chris from Cali for this... We were chatting offline about his trip to Laguna Seca last year, and I came over to take a look, and one thing led to another, and I joined... Nice place you guys have here... Like this layout...

Might hang out here for a while if that's OK...

Mike Kelly
Welcome Mike...looking forward to talking to you

Old 01-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really nice
The 996TT has some UMW K16/24 turbos, Samco hoses, Bailey's valves, upgraded wastegate springs and 5bar FPR, and soon to have upgraded intercoolers from Markski.

The trans is out of the car (actually hope it's back in and being driven by my indy by now) getting a full overhaul, including a stronger mainshaft, steel syncros, upgraded gearing, Guards LSD, a cooler, better shifter (upgraded cables as well) and new fibertuff coating on the clutch disc. We also converted the car to GT2 hydraulics to get rid of the pentosin actuated clutch.

Suspension on the car is the average combo of GT3 control arms up front with adjustable dogbones in the rear, along with adjustable thrust bushings and upgraded toelinks. It's topped off with H/R sway bars and custom valved (not off the shelf) PSS9s with matched springs.

Brakes consist of GT3 calipers & coleman 350MM rotors up front, along with pagids pads (*blacks of yellows, depending) and the rears have upgraded 997TT rear rotors (350MM) and pagid pads (again, yellows or blacks). We're using the 997GT3 brake ducts and Motiv brake fluid.

On the lift at my place!

My one and only attempt at the 1/4 in the car...

Old 01-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really niceMikelly is just really nice
Funny you should mention that. Chris' writeup is why I came over! I wanted to read his trip report. We did the Watkins Glen Historics this year and loved it, and I'd love to be there for the Laguna Seca event this year... My only issue is working out a schedule. I'll be instructing for between 30-40 days this year if everything works out!

Mike

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Welcome aboard, Mike! You should join Chris and the rest of us at Laguna Seca this August!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
So did you like the Monterey trip write-up, Mike? The local PCA mag wants me to publish it...

Glad you're here. Just stay away from off-topic!!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
So did you like the Monterey trip write-up, Mike? The local PCA mag wants me to publish it...
Even the part about your car breaking down a few times?!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, make sure to check out both of these threads from last year's Monterey trip:

https://teamspeed.com/forums/997-996...ilgrimage.html

https://teamspeed.com/forums/photogr...re-thread.html

Old 01-22-2010, 09:17 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Even the part about your car breaking down a few times?!
Ha ha - damn gas cap!!

Old 01-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Teamspeed Member
flyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to allflyinghigh1997 is a name known to all
what a beauty

Old 01-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Nice TT, welcome!

Old 01-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Nice to see you here Mike.

Quick Reply: Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a car-aholic...