Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New Record: Verified 60-130 Run....Sledgehammer here I come!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
New Record: Verified 60-130 Run....Sledgehammer here I come!!!!

I went to BBi last night to hang out with Betim and take the car for a run. Betim drove the car up to the Mexico HWY while we were chatting. He was warming up the car and put on low boost and ran a 5.4s and said "Art do you think we can hit the 4s run tonight?" I replied, "Pull over" I pulled a 4.7s, 4.4s, then bammm....4.2s, Betim posted a video under the 60-130 thread. It was done with two people in the car, no shifts, 3rd gear pull only. I could not find a perfect flat spot and Scott verified a 2.61% decline but it's verified. With more boost and no passanger you guys can do the Math now Biggest rush ever to feel that power I must add. Sledgehammer's run was very respectable also and I give the props to Switz and DK. Cheers everyone. Art

Attached Images  

Last edited by TurboArt; 12-10-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Nice run ... hella fast!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't comprehend how fast that really was until I saw the vid that Betim posted...INSANE! Show us some 3.9x

Old 12-09-2009, 09:35 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said TurboArt is one Fast MotherF&^ker

Old 12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone, appreciate all the support and kind words. With a little bit more boost and no passanger this car will break into 3s cheers, Art.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
So fast Art and serious congrats. Serious time and amazing build on your 996TT!! Cheers bro. I will have to wait until spring to try and better our 4.25sec 60-130 run as the weather here is horrible right now. Winter suckssssss!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks bro, appreciate it.

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou
So fast Art and serious congrats. Serious time and amazing build on your 996TT!! Cheers bro. I will have to wait until spring to try and better our 4.25sec 60-130 run as the weather here is horrible right now. Winter suckssssss!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Very nice run....On which boost is it ???

Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!GT RUS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by evoviiiyou

Now what are you doing with you car....not P800 anymore ???

Old 12-10-2009, 04:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Bloody hell that is fast as hell !

Could you adjust the scale for the long Gs put it say from 0.4 to 1 then we can really "feel" the thrust

That whole slope thing is a bit crazy, I mean 2.6% on a 250metre run is like 6.5m drop which is a nice hill and will effect the numbers big time. If the 6speed rules are set and you are all working to them then I guess to be on the same playing field you need to find the maximum "allowable" slope to be as competative as possible.

When we started doing 60-130mph runs it was to try and assess how much real hp cars were making so a flat "track" was necessary but I think you guys have evolved it a little past that

Quick Reply: New Record: Verified 60-130 Run....Sledgehammer here I come!!!!