Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2009 997TT Project @ SharkWerks - Mission Carbonium

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Red face 2009 997TT Project @ SharkWerks - Mission Carbonium

I think I've said this before but my favorite 997 TT project car came back in for more. I think it's really "finished" this time. It already has the EVT700 kit with the EVOMSit TCU upgrade, a full TechArt Type 2 aerokit, Bilstein Coil Overs, TechArt noselift, full RSS links/bushings and sways, TechArt DRLs, HRE Monobloks and too much to list...

Here's a video showing the car as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48xbyQtGNw

Anyways the last area that was relatively stock was the interior. All black so we set on a MACarbon bombing raid

Here's what the interior looked like when she came in:

Our weapons of choice...

Door panel has to come off for this but here's the result:

Over to the center... the before:

Over to the center... the after-math:

More...

The stock parts pile up..

CF is now taking over...

Also installed were Silver belts and the CF wheel with carbon and paddles For more on the build:
2009 Ultimate 997TT EVT700, TechArt Type 2, Noselift & LED Lights & HRE P40 Wheels - SharkWerks Porsche Project Gallery

And when I said she's done... No no no.. she's not done yet. Bob's doing one of his signature details on it too. He'll have pix/close ups. He went to town on this one

Old 12-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
nice work. is that what all the 997 steering wheels look like?

Old 12-06-2009, 02:35 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
As Alex said"going to town on the detail", so here are some pics from my contribution to the job and this car is all that and a bag of chips.

When the body shop installed the Tech Art kit, the rear window louver piece had some shrinkage, so I lightly sanded with 2500 grit and corrected the finish so the texture would match the O.E. roof finish

Here is the piece taped up and ready for sanding

Half of the part sanded

Sanded completely

Half of the piece compounded

Compounded and fine polished, now this part matches the rest of the car perfectly

The cars finish was not that marred so a light compound was all I needed to do following up with a fine polishing step then onto the sealant application

My goal was to get the GT Silver finish to pop, and I feel that this was accomplished

Engine bay pics

Alex had his pics of the interior, here are mine after the clean up and leather dressed

Pedal set cleaned

Old 12-06-2009, 02:44 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Turbo detail cont...

Wheels off cleaning, wheels before

After

Pics of suspension cleaned, this car has EVERYTHING you can get presently on this car as far as aftermarket parts are concerned

Uber Porsche tech James re-mounting the wheels

All finished to go back to a well deserving customer!!!

Old 12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Izzone is an unknown quantity at this point
Is the leather center for sale?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to allnyamg is a name known to all
amazing job throughout and, one sick looking TT.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Holy macaroni! That looks amazing. What a testament on what you put in is what you get out. One word, Beautiful.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:32 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
That car is ridiculous. The full range of mods inside and out - really the complete package (albeit tiptronic ).

Old 12-06-2009, 01:09 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Impressive as always.

Old 12-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looks great! I like the contrast between all the CF and aluminum inside.

Quick Reply: 2009 997TT Project @ SharkWerks - Mission Carbonium