Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2010 997 Turbo "S"

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Guys,

I urgently need to know if this will be a little "track orientated", thus only coming out as a coupe, or if this turbo S will be available as a convertible aswell. Please let me know as soon as anyone hears anything! I would have to remove my name off the "normal" turbo list and get me a Turbo S cab. (Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that I can mod the "normal" turbo to crazy amounts of HP over the Turbo S' power level. It is for other reasons.)

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Yannick H.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zooyorker
Guys,

I urgently need to know if this will be a little "track orientated", thus only coming out as a coupe, or if this turbo S will be available as a convertible aswell. Please let me know as soon as anyone hears anything! I would have to remove my name off the "normal" turbo list and get me a Turbo S cab. (Yes, I am fully aware of the fact that I can mod the "normal" turbo to crazy amounts of HP over the Turbo S' power level. It is for other reasons.)

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Yannick H.
Telling us how you'd imagine using the car would help us in advising which wa to go.

And NO,it will not be a 'more track oriented car' Thats what the GT series is for.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!zooyorker You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Telling us how you'd imagine using the car would help us in advising which wa to go.

And NO,it will not be a 'more track oriented car' Thats what the GT series is for.
I know exactly what I want. The thing is, that I want to know if the Turbo S is coming out as a Cab aswell. I also know that the GT series are the "track orientated" cars, but as I said: Do they want to make this a "trackier", more handling and weight focused car, THUS obviously only making a coupe version?

One of many reasons why I want to know this, is because I don't feel like spending $280k+ on a Turbo Cab, so that a couple months later, I start to see Turbo S' around (I'm sure I would be more than happy with a normal Turbo). It may sound rediculous to some, but thats the way I think. The same way I would never purchase a normal SLR. If you can afford an SLR, the premium you have to pay for the 722 is a joke anyway, so while you're at it, get the top of the line.

I also used to own a 2005 996 Turbo S convertible, which I loved. So it would be "cool" to own yet another, newer Turbo S down the line.

Best,
Yannick

Old 11-22-2009, 05:19 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
what many people don`t consider is that you still have factory warranty on the Turbo S,whereas you don`t have any once you tune your stock car with aftermarket stuff
and that`s a very crucial point...at least to me

so I like the way my swiss neighbour thinks

Old 11-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ECB
what many people don`t consider is that you still have factory warranty on the Turbo S,whereas you don`t have any once you tune your stock car with aftermarket stuff
and that`s a very crucial point...at least to me

so I like the way my swiss neighbour thinks
There, my german friend, you are very right! Even though Sportec is just half an hour away...they will still rob me of my warranty!

Liebste Grüsse aus der Schweiz,
Y.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
not feeling the wing at all.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zooyorker
I know exactly what I want. The thing is, that I want to know if the Turbo S is coming out as a Cab aswell. I also know that the GT series are the "track orientated" cars, but as I said: Do they want to make this a "trackier", more handling and weight focused car, THUS obviously only making a coupe version?

One of many reasons why I want to know this, is because I don't feel like spending $280k+ on a Turbo Cab, so that a couple months later, I start to see Turbo S' around (I'm sure I would be more than happy with a normal Turbo). It may sound rediculous to some, but thats the way I think. The same way I would never purchase a normal SLR. If you can afford an SLR, the premium you have to pay for the 722 is a joke anyway, so while you're at it, get the top of the line.

I also used to own a 2005 996 Turbo S convertible, which I loved. So it would be "cool" to own yet another, newer Turbo S down the line.

Best,
Yannick
Gotcha. Well, thus far it will be only the Coupe. You've got time on your side so just wait and see how it pans out.

Old 11-23-2009, 06:27 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Was told today by Porsche dealership that the Turbo S will be 550 BHP (which surprises me it's that high; I would predict 520-530 myself) and facelift GT2 project was paused due to money issues but is now running again with the aim of 570BHP and also a lightweight GT2RS to come.

Last edited by Alex_997TurboRSC; 11-23-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
The reason someone will buy an S, is because you can't mod the 3.8 with PDK. SO if you need more power this is your only choice. I am sure some tuners will claim they can tune the 3.8, but they are also claiming you don't need a rod replacement for a motor with more then 600hp on the GT1 block.
There is not one person on this board that should compare a modded Gt1 block to the 3.8.

If you want the last of this body style and 30 more hp on a car that can't be taken any further with the after market, plus the Pcar warranty I suggest you order one now. There wont be many and they will hold their value a bit better then the Turbo.
For those looking to mod, you better run to a dealer for an 09, there aren't many left unless you like cum yellow hahahahahaha

Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
GT2RS baby! Who mentioned this before? Ohh ya me! https://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/3122...0-bhp-pdk.html

Quick Reply: 2010 997 Turbo "S"