Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Bang for the buck: 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Regardless Switzer is a very Reputable company. They stand behind thier claims.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it $3k more for the m/t package? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Should read "12995 with manual trans. clutch upgrade", which is recommended, but optional if you're not hammering the car. Feel is improved, durability, etc., but for the guy who uses the 997 as a daily and only wants the extra power to blast up the on ramps or pass a semi here or there on a 2-lane road that's not totally necessary.

If it were me, though, I'd get the clutch upgrade.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Regardless Switzer is a very Reputable company. They stand behind thier claims.
VBox seems to stand behind them, as well!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
hydraulic clutch assist delete - best mod for the car - makes the car drive like a real car.

- chuck

Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would get an ECU flash (about $3500), short shifter (about $750), exhaust (about $4,000) and headers (about $2,000)

A little over $10K and you will never be happier.

Old 11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
I would get an ECU flash (about $3500), short shifter (about $750), exhaust (about $4,000) and headers (about $2,000)

A little over $10K and you will never be happier.
When are we gonna hear a clip of the FVD exhaust/header combo??? I've been checking YT hoping it would show up

Old 11-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Damn...sorry about that...I really need to do it and I promise I will. Just imagine how great the normal set up sounds...then add 20% more anger and you got it. The sound is so unreal. Plus the HP and TQ boost doesn't hurt! Not to mention the incredible spooling sound of the turbos...mmmmmm...makes me want to go for a ride!

Old 11-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
Damn...sorry about that...I really need to do it and I promise I will. Just imagine how great the normal set up sounds...then add 20% more anger and you got it. The sound is so unreal. Plus the HP and TQ boost doesn't hurt! Not to mention the incredible spooling sound of the turbos...mmmmmm...makes me want to go for a ride!
Well damn. Now I REALLY have to hear it!

Quick Reply: Bang for the buck: 997TT