Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   991 | 997 | 996 Turbo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996-turbo/)
-   -   Switzer Sledgehammer shatters 60-130 record (https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996-turbo/31492-switzer-sledgehammer-shatters-60-130-record.html)

strebo 11-03-2009 01:55 PM

Amazing time! I like!

evoviiiyou 11-03-2009 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by TB993tt (Post 437997)
Point taken......

I don't know if you are aware that it was 3 of us on Rennlist back in 2004 who "invented" and defined the 60-130mph as a way of keeping tuners honest with their dyno claims. I am glad you are enjoying using this now universal forum measurement rather than just having a dyno sheet to wave around :D

WOW...i'm impressed my friend and I had no idea you were apart of that history. Thank you for being an innovator for the 60-130mph measurement. I'm glad that you guys did that and thought outside the box because for sure it does keep tuners in check with power claims etc..
:respekt::respekt::respekt:

evoviiiyou 11-03-2009 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by strebo (Post 438001)
Amazing time! I like!

Thank you. Props to Tym and Dk of SPI

TB993tt 11-03-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou (Post 438037)
WOW...i'm impressed my friend and I had no idea you were apart of that history. Thank you for being an innovator for the 60-130mph measurement. I'm glad that you guys did that and thought outside the box because for sure it does keep tuners in check with power claims etc..
:respekt::respekt::respekt:

The US tuners really stepped up to the 60-130mph, I would never have imagined I would be reading about a 4.25s, it is a great achievement :thumbup:

I must admit, I enjoy the 0-300kph and standing mile a little more now days and the SPI cars appear to be pretty good at that as well, would be great to see your beast running these increments in the future.....

salihbjk 11-03-2009 05:54 PM

I would love to see 0-300 kph & quarter mile results for that car.

And I wonder if a tip car can hold that power with a reinforced trans?

evoviiiyou 11-03-2009 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by TB993tt (Post 438066)
The US tuners really stepped up to the 60-130mph, I would never have imagined I would be reading about a 4.25s, it is a great achievement :thumbup:

I must admit, I enjoy the 0-300kph and standing mile a little more now days and the SPI cars appear to be pretty good at that as well, would be great to see your beast running these increments in the future.....

Thank you sir! I really appreciate your kind words. I will for sure get some standing mile info at an event in spring time and post the vids/data from the drift box. Stay tuned my friend.

Originally Posted by salihbjk (Post 438283)
I would love to see 0-300 kph & quarter mile results for that car.

And I wonder if a tip car can hold that power with a reinforced trans?

I would say she is good for a low to mid 150mph quarter run on kill mode...I have no idea on the mile but I will for sure get her to an event this coming spring.

On the Tip, is that not the same trans in the Biturbo Merc V12 cars? I know those things make a lot of torque out of the box and even more on the Renntech and Kleeman tunes/mods. I bet those transmissions have some serious strength.

Freak997turbo 11-04-2009 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by TB993tt (Post 437875)
Freak, how long have you been involved in Porsches ? how old are you ?

Older than you!!

Freak997turbo 11-04-2009 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou (Post 437927)
I appreciate both of you posting in my thread, but can you please take off topic conversation to a side bar and allow this thread to get back on topic. Thank you.

Fair enough and i apologise for u!!

BT...Have ever read this for Mr-CG in rennlist forum?

" Copied below from "da Bling" site is a 997GT2 running on what looks like a dynojet and making a claimed 800hp....

This has always been a subject of fascination to me as loading Porsche turbos to measure their real torque (ie how Porsche do it) does not seem possible using this type of chassis dyno.

Watch the vid - in 4th gear the actual power measurement takes ~5 seconds, that is 5 seconds of "load" for the engine to heat up.

The second vid below (which is not worth checking out because it is aof a blurry screen) is of a Maha Dyno run on a Porsche turbo which takes ~20 seconds of loading....

Forgetting the numbers because that 5s Dynojet thing surely means next to nothing ? What I am inerested in is how the Dynojet "tuned" car performs on the road ? 5s in 4th gear may be representative of what happens on the road, but what happens in 5th and 6th gear where a run up from 4000rpm to 7000rpm may take ~10s of loading ? How do they tune for this ? How do they recreate the loading (ie heat generated) necessary to be able to tune properly ?

Wasn't it the Switzer "Sledgehammer" car which cut out at ~190mph and wouldn't go any faster ? Is this the consequence of this type of tuning ? Do people just not care since for normal street driving the car does what they want ? What about people who track these cars, don't they get too hot and have problems ?
YouTube - Switzer 997 GT2 800HP 93 Octane Dyno

YouTube - Manthey dyno run "

Is that what is called " share my experince "??

Jo_Switzer 11-04-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo (Post 438665)
Fair enough and i apologise for u!!
Wasn't it the Switzer "Sledgehammer" car which cut out at ~190mph and wouldn't go any faster ? Is this the consequence of this type of tuning ? Do people just not care since for normal street driving the car does what they want ? What about people who track these cars, don't they get too hot and have problems ?

I believe you are referring to the car's performance at the Texas mile a year and a half ago, where the car topped out at 195? That was an early development stage for the Sledgehammer package, and the car ran up against an electronic governor that was later found and removed. No longer an issue - the car's top speed is now well in excess of 200 mph.

Regarding the track temps on these cars, the P800 PKG uses the same hardware on a pump-gas tune as the Sledgehammers. We took journalist Jack Baruth out for a track day at Nelson Ledges a few months ago, in 90-degree track temps., and ran close to 100 laps without issue. You can read it for yourself at the link, below.

http://www.speedsportlife.com/2009/0...er-the-dragon/

TurboArt 11-04-2009 01:30 PM

Now Les, the question is: Can you beat the 221mph:D