Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   991 | 997 | 996 Turbo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996-turbo/)
-   -   Switzer Sledgehammer shatters 60-130 record (https://teamspeed.com/forums/991-997-996-turbo/31492-switzer-sledgehammer-shatters-60-130-record.html)

dk996tt 11-03-2009 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo (Post 437708)
We post same time LOL!!!

I wonder why u r wasting in teamspeed read and comment threads for beginner tuners LOL!!!

Have u ever post a positive thing on U.S forums? LO!!!

Oh Sh*t! LOL... We will let the numbers and times speak for themselves. Sledgehammer has been a key project for us and we have learned so much from it. As always, we will continue to push forward and raise the bar. We look forward to offering a special and unique engine build program in 2010. Cheers!

TB993tt 11-03-2009 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo (Post 437708)
We post same time LOL!!!

I wonder why u r wasting in teamspeed read and comment threads for beginner tuners LOL!!!

Have u ever post a positive thing on U.S forums? LO!!!

I post to give people the benefit of my experience and I'm sure people can make up their own mind.

Having paid for (Porsche turbo) bent rods, warped heads, broken gearboxes etc etc over the years I feel like sharing my experiences to counter what a newbie has to offer..... time will tell, actually it probably won't, Todd Z mentions all the many bent rods he has seen over the years yet I think the only set ever "declared" on a forum were cjv's......

evoviiiyou 11-03-2009 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Freak997turbo;437706]Congratulations Les and Switzer community!!

Thank you very much! I am in love at a new level with Porsche and my Basalt Black baby.

Originally Posted by dk996tt (Post 437746)
Oh Sh*t! LOL... We will let the numbers and times speak for themselves. Sledgehammer has been a key project for us and we have learned so much from it. As always, we will continue to push forward and raise the bar. We look forward to offering a special and unique engine build program in 2010. Cheers!

Keep learning and pushing the envelope so we all can benefit as I have.:yahoo: Thanks again.

Freak997turbo 11-03-2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by dk996tt (Post 437746)

Understood but he can at least post WITHOUT his regular negative comments.

He can post his instructions/experience for newbies on another thread instead of posting here

Freak997turbo 11-03-2009 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by TB993tt (Post 437754)
I post to give people the benefit of my experience and I'm sure people can make up their own mind.

Having paid for (Porsche turbo) bent rods, warped heads, broken gearboxes etc etc over the years I feel like sharing my experiences to counter what a newbie has to offer..... time will tell, actually it probably won't, Todd Z mentions all the many bent rods he has seen over the years yet I think the only set ever "declared" on a forum were cjv's......

As i said above give ppl the " the benefit of my experience " in another thread without hijack a thread for sponsor tuner....right?

Toby...Bent rod shit discussion is NOTHING NEW!!! IT JUST NEVER END THRU THIS YEARS!!!

Euro tuners recommend aftermarket rods on +600 crank hp...Why most ppl on U.S forums don't give a damn about this shit??? r they stupied or what? why they don't listen to Euro tuners when they recommend headers or cams after add chip/exhaust???

Even EVOMSit offer GT660 and GT700 as a bolt-on kit on stock engine.

Even EVOMSit usning them until 660-700 crank hp

TB993tt 11-03-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo (Post 437817)
As i said above give ppl the " the benefit of my experience " in another thread without hijack a thread for sponsor tuner....right?

Toby...Bent rod shit discussion is NOTHING NEW!!! IT JUST NEVER END THRU THIS YEARS!!!

Euro tuners recommend aftermarket rods on +600 crank hp...Why most ppl on U.S forums don't give a damn about this shit??? r they stupied or what? why they don't listen to Euro tuners when they recommend headers or cams after add chip/exhaust???

Freak, how long have you been involved in Porsches ? how old are you ?

evoviiiyou 11-03-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Freak997turbo (Post 437817)

Originally Posted by TB993tt (Post 437875)
Freak, how long have you been involved in Porsches ? how old are you ?

I appreciate both of you posting in my thread, but can you please take off topic conversation to a side bar and allow this thread to get back on topic. Thank you.

TB993tt 11-03-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou (Post 437927)
I appreciate both of you posting in my thread, but can you please take off topic conversation to a side bar and allow this thread to get back on topic. Thank you.

This sounds like that Vivid guy on speedonloine throwing his toys out of the pram when one of his marketing threads goes AWOL :D

Our interaction IS pertinent to your thread surely ? Freak, in his own (somewhat bizarrely childishly IMO) way is telling me to stop banging on about rods bending since they only seem to be bothered about bending rods in Europe and "people on US forums don't care" etc....

I am trying to establish his "credentials" for his opinion and suspect he is quite young, inexperienced and just a forum Kool aid glugger.

All pertinent to your awesome 60-130 which has been achieved on a stock bottom end - the rod issue is THE hot topic as they will bend at these fantastic levels of performance if you use it enough, I want to know how much "enough" is, it is of great interest to me since I run stock rods and according to my (paraphrasing Freak) "Shit Euro Tuner" who built the engine in that Alzen 996tt 700hp record breaking ring monster I am at the limit at ~840NM (620ftlbs)....

If I am out of order and this forum is a 6Speed clone for marketing, cheerleading and high fiving only can the mods let me know and I will stop posting here.........

evoviiiyou 11-03-2009 01:25 PM

I disagree that it is pertinent to the thread on both sides. He thinks you are a know nothing and you think that of Freak, either way not pertinent. Also your implication that this reminds you of a Vivid thread (that I know nothing of), has what to do with the fact that this car ran a 60-130 in 4.25 with a bolt on package? Marketing thread?? It was a factual post on data and performance. I understand your stance all so clearly as we have seen it multiple times in every thread and we get it. I don't think your out of order but you could interview Freak via pm...also why do you respond to someone who you feel has no relevant info to provide? I guess I was thinking that being on topic is discussing the what, where, when, how of the original post...not two gents having a side conversation debating who knows what about what.

TB993tt 11-03-2009 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by evoviiiyou (Post 437978)
I disagree that it is pertinent to the thread on both sides. He thinks you are a know nothing and you think that of Freak, either way not pertinent. Also your implication that this reminds you of a Vivid thread (that I know nothing of), has what to do with the fact that this car ran a 60-130 in 4.25 with a bolt on package? Marketing thread?? It was a factual post on data and performance. I understand your stance all so clearly as we have seen it multiple times in every thread and we get it. I don't think your out of order but you could interview Freak via pm...also why do you respond to someone who you feel has no relevant info to provide? I guess I was thinking that being on topic is discussing the what, where, when, how of the original post...not two gents having a side conversation debating who knows what about what.

Point taken......

I don't know if you are aware that it was 3 of us on Rennlist back in 2004 who "invented" and defined the 60-130mph as a way of keeping tuners honest with their dyno claims. I am glad you are enjoying using this now universal forum measurement rather than just having a dyno sheet to wave around :D