Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Switzer Sledgehammer runs 4.76 s 60 - 130 mph

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Switzer Sledgehammer runs 4.76 s 60 - 130 mph

Sledgehammer went 4.76 s from 60 - 130 today. we are happy to beat our old time of 4.86 s. however, we think Sledgehammer still has more left in her. Sledgehammer was running extremely rich today. we had a minor glitch with a fuel pump that went bad. after replacing the fuel pump, tym started tuning on the street. the new fuel pump was making the car run extremely rich. so we will have to recalibrate tomorrow and try again. we will see if we can better the 4.76 s run.

Attached Images  
Old 10-30-2009, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, 4.76s is kind of slow.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
DK
Thanks for sharing, that is crazy fast.
Just a point about the Driftbox graphs, if you go into "Graph set up" on the top menu then "channel scaling and axis set up" then "axis set up" you can set the "min" and "max" for the various scales on the graphs which means you can set the mph from 60-140 and the long Gs from 0-1G etc.... it makes the graphs much easier to read and more meanigful - I was trying to see how high the long Gs were in 3rd gear - looks like 1G but hard to see with that scaling ?

For the benefit of tt owners and along the lines of what I posted before about the benefits of VTG turbos, do you guys fancy having a "lag off" ?

How about run the Driftbox, drive at constant throttle in third gear at a steady 30mph then punch the throttle WOT and run it to the rev limiter in third - it will show graphically just what the torque curve is doing on the road. Looking at the longitudinal G curve will be fascinating and show if there is indeed any lag and how big it is ?
I will do a similar thing with mine, starting at 2000rpm in 3rd.....what about it ?

Last edited by TB993tt; 10-30-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Went out lunch time to do what I described above...

Read the graph below, steady 32mph which is 2000rpm in the GT2 (will be slightly higher revs in the tt) then punch the throttle. Slight delay but as soon as the boost hits the long Gs start rising, by 3000rpm at 53mph I have peak torque then the 32-110mph in third takes 11.29s

Can we see what the Sledghammer does from 2000rpm in third on graph, also the 32-110 time using this method ie constant speed then punch the throttle and measure from when long Gs start rising in 3rd - will make a good comparison with a VTG car albiet one with big VTGs.

Last edited by TB993tt; 10-30-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
That is awesome, congrats Switzer team.

I am just too stupid to read the graph. To me it looks like 60MPH at 0 seconds and 130MPH at 8.4. Could someone enlighten me please how to read the graph correctly. i plan on purchasing a drift box for my next run but obviously need to understand what i am seeing.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Zombi [BG] is on a distinguished roadZombi [BG] is on a distinguished roadZombi [BG] is on a distinguished roadZombi [BG] is on a distinguished road
A video of this would be sick!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!evoviiiyou You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Zombi [BG]
A video of this would be sick!
Trust me...when she is done and I have her in my possession, I will post many vids!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:01 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Man DK, you guys are killing it!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond reputeTurboArt has a reputation beyond repute
Great run and lot more left in her I'd say. Congrats!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 11:49 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
dk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond reputedk996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TurboArt
Great run and lot more left in her I'd say. Congrats!!!
Thanks Art. We definitely think Sledge has more left in her. She was running extremely rich with the new fuel pump. We will try again as soon as the weather breaks. It is a bit more difficult to get a good day this time of year in Cleveland.

Quick Reply: Switzer Sledgehammer runs 4.76 s 60 - 130 mph