Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

New 928 announced, UGGGG

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by daedalus
I love it. Anyone complaining that it looks like a jag... really? Thats like saying "Yea, I don't really like my girlfriend... she looks exactly like Megan Fox".
Excellent point...

Old 11-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Repost.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
JZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished roadJZ997tt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by daedalus
I love it. Anyone complaining that it looks like a jag... really? Thats like saying "Yea, I don't really like my girlfriend... she looks exactly like Megan Fox".
I feel bad for you if she comes with same personality and mouth, not to mention for 200K I could turn any lemon into lemonade.

As for the 928, it resembles not even a small tidbit from the previous version. We all know Porsche can put poop in a bag and sell it, but with the new direction this company is taking it wont be long before even the mighty 911 sees drastic changes.

I actually like the Pan and it drives like a dream, but we wont know anything really for another 12-18 months. Lets see how the values hold up and how the first batch do on maintenance. Lets also remember that the Pan has a market, and few competitors. It's not really that hard to get a guy out of a Maserati or Benz. But try to get a guy out of an M6 which is a terrible market to begin with and it's a new ball game. There is a reason Porsche dropped the 28 to begin with and it was one of the best looking cars of all time.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
If a new 928 comes out looking like that, I'll put my name on the order list. That thing looks awesome. Like Gobbles and I said in the other post about this, it's like a 599 at the front and an Aston at the back - not too shabby.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Stop it! That's just silly talk!! (wayyy to logical)

Almost 1k Panamera- sold; not bad considreing it didn't have a full month to sell.

It's a sustainable winner. Just like the Cayenne is.
Eh, it's a new model from Porsche. Not that hard to sell 1K in the first month to the gotta-have-it / money-no-object crowd. They need to release the V6 + hybrid sooner than later to keep the momentum up, and then hopefully a GTS by 2011.

Definitely a sustainable winner. Once the warranty is out and everything starts to break, it's going to be round 2 at the service & parts dept.