Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Autocar Review of the 997.2 Turbo PDK

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I just can't understand how this car is such a dramatic improvement over the first 997 TT - was it that bad?!

Old 10-27-2009, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Is there any proof that there will be a 997.2 GT2? I haven't seen any spyshots or heard any rumours of substance about it. If anyone has more info I'd love to hear about it.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
I just can't understand how this car is such a dramatic improvement over the first 997 TT - was it that bad?!
i agree.. but thats the thing thats always been impressive about porsche.. they somehow manage to improve on perfection.

i had a 997tt, i can't wait to try this one..

Old 10-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like Porsche has maintained the 997TT legend as the most drivable supercar on the planet.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
Not at all. He's just a sh*t journo that doesn't have any real imput on this car. He uses the word "really" a lot.

The 997tt is one of the finest cars I've ever driven.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Wow, a lot of raging on Sutcliffe, who has been with Autocar for years, and before that he was a BTCC driver. I'm not saying he's my favorite auto journalist in the world, but I do think that some of you are being overly judgemental.

Old 10-27-2009, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
^ Completely agree - Sutcliffe is a very decent journalist.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Is there any proof that there will be a 997.2 GT2? I haven't seen any spyshots or heard any rumours of substance about it. If anyone has more info I'd love to hear about it.
Last I heard Porsche was going to make a GT2 rs. That was about a year ago, haven't heard anything else. Can't wait.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant futurejaykla has a brilliant future
I went to my local dealer and they were telling me about a Turbo S model. It seems like that might be the new turbo to have.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud ofTB993tt has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Ludas
My sources (German, supposed friends with engineers at Porsche) told me the RS models were actually built - limited numbers, stripped out ~570PS very expensive. Quite where it is is a mystery ? Someone mentioned a French test driver talked about involvement/being involved in the launch but that was a couple of months ago so ???? I reckon there are things going on in Porsche with the financial "fun", change of personel etc and also I wonder whether it has some connection with the 997.2GT2 which my source said was being developed and in particular the DFI engine in GT2 guise and ~550PS was struggling with reliability !! maybe they are rethinking launching RS GT2 just in case they can't do similar with the DFI version because of the engines power limitations........ people tend to forget just how much development went into the Metzger engine to reach the level of reliability it has as these heady power/torque levels and it seems tha Porsche cannot reach their standards of "reliability" at these levels with the DFI ? ?

Quick Reply: Autocar Review of the 997.2 Turbo PDK