Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Texas Mile

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
Texas Mile

So whos going to the Texas Mile?

Just FYI, this Texas Mile is going to be an incredible porsche event. If you want to see Turbos go, then you want to go this year. All the big boys with their huge hp turbos are going.

I am definitely going, hoping to take my car, but going with or without it.

Old 08-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to try to make it down. I don't have anything locked into place yet so we'll have to wait and see.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
hamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to beholdhamann7 is a splendid one to behold
I'm surprised no one has bought a Bugatti Veyron and stripped weight off to run the TX Mile.

That would definitely be my car of choice for the Mile.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there.
There is supposed to be a Veyron there this year. We'll see if the owner brings it.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
At the Hennessey booth at Monterey, the HMS guys were saying that the GT1000 does 235 in the mile. I'm bringing one of those if I ever make it to the Texas Mile

Old 08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!joetwint You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by BigE
At the Hennessey booth at Monterey, the HMS guys were saying that the GT1000 does 235 in the mile. I'm bringing one of those if I ever make it to the Texas Mile
While an HMS GT 1000 has done 235 before but it was not in a standing mile.My guess for a GT1000 in a standing mile would be right around 220(give or take a few) if it were run on race gas.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
^Maybe I wasn't hearing what they were saying quite correctly Either way, the car seemed like it would be a beast.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Prche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enoughPrche951 will become famous soon enough
looks like the best the hennesey GT1000 did at the texas mile was 217 and at another mile event it ran 225, here is the link. Still respectable speeds, but not the 235 stated.

Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) - Ink Page

Old 08-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Seriously. Change it.
Maybe the guy working the booth was "tellin' some tall tales outside of school" or more likely he did say 225 in the mile and 235 top speed and I got my facts mixed up.

Here is a link to a standing mile test done by Road & Track in 2005 where they had everything from a Prius to a Lola Champ Car to a 1000 hp Twin turbo Viper do the standing mile. Tons of data. Great article. A bit outdated but entertaining.

RoadandTrack.com -- Comparison Tests - Thunder Road: The Standing Mile (9/2005)

Old 08-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Maybe the guy working the booth was "tellin' some tall tales outside of school" or more likely he did say 225 in the mile and 235 top speed and I got my facts mixed up.

Here is a link to a standing mile test done by Road & Track in 2005 where they had everything from a Prius to a Lola Champ Car to a 1000 hp Twin turbo Viper do the standing mile. Tons of data. Great article. A bit outdated but entertaining.

RoadandTrack.com -- Comparison Tests - Thunder Road: The Standing Mile (9/2005)
very good article. I think that a Henessey TT viper has done 217 mph as well. It's all about putting the power down. Some of these high hp cars have a hard time putting it down. FordGT's and vipers have a huge problem with traction. My friends 920 whp supercharged viper could not hook up on anything but drag slicks and even then it was sketchy.

Quick Reply: Texas Mile