Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Porsche to start production of the 911 again on March 3

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Porsche to start production of the 911 again on March 3

The FINANCIAL --
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, will be starting production of the 911 series again next Monday, March 3, at the main factory in Zuffenhausen.
Production was stopped last Monday following a deflagration that occurred in the paint shop, in which a PVC fusion oven was badly damaged. The material damage, amounting to several hundred thousand Euros, is largely covered by insurance.
The causes of the accident have now been identified. External experts have ascertained that the gas escape was due to a technical defect. An examination of the other ovens has shown that they are in perfect working order and fully functional.
By adopting special measures, it will be possible to compensate the production backlog of 800 vehicles that arose during this week in the course of the current business year.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Thats good new for those who are waiting for there Porsche's to be produced

Old 03-01-2008, 08:01 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Thats good new for those who are waiting for there Porsche's to be produced
I'm surprised you weren't there sitting in the cars on the assembly line, you could have been a hero and put the fire out!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ATL-Porsche
I'm surprised you weren't there sitting in the cars on the assembly line, you could have been a hero and put the fire out!
:rofl::rofl: Fire NoooooooooooT

Old 03-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MsGreta is an unknown quantity at this point
I am glad to hear this news since my car was due for final assembly last Tuesday 2/26. Unfortunately, as of Monday, my paperwork showed it was in Paint Production! It was a long week waiting and I hope to hear updates next week.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed MVP
Smoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond reputeSmoothcab has a reputation beyond repute
That is good news!! Greta, what color did you go with on your TT? Are you keeping the C4S as well?

Old 03-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
MsGreta is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
That is good news!! Greta, what color did you go with on your TT? Are you keeping the C4S as well?
Well my order status changed today - I am sooooo excited! It went from Paint Production to Production Lst!!!! I think it will be born tomorrow - I hope I hope I hope!!! I went with white of course - that is my trademark - I always drive a white car (this will be my 3rd white pcar).

The C4S is down at Barrier Porsche on the lot for sale on consignment - sad, it was a GREAT car and I loved it. Several people are looking at it apparently. I am driving a daily driver (used MB C class) and REALLY miss my Porsche.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Teamspeed Member
Freier is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats MsGreta, sounds like your new baby missed the excitement. Can't wait to see the finished product...Love white p-cars!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Ooops, sorry guys it was me

Old 03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations, Greta! You must be absolutely besides yourself now that your car is finally undergoing production! Your enthusiasm continues to be infectious for us all!