Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers or springs and sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
jstewart14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers or springs and sway bars

Hi all,

I need some advise. Recently I started tracking my car and am running the stock suspension and stock Michelin tires. Tires are about toast so I am thinking of getting some cup tires unless any of you have a better recommendation. Currently I have upgraded my exhaust, headers, I/C and ecu. So I have plenty of power but, would like to utilize that power by being on the gas earlier coming out of corners. I need better grip for this.

My questions:

Will Bilstein PSS10 Coil overs work with PASM?

If I just do new springs and sway bars will this be as good as the Bilsteins?

What is the difference between H&R and Bilsteins? Better recommendations?

What tires have any of you used and what is recommended?
At this point I do not have a trailer for my car so I drive to the track. The tracks are 70 to 200 miles away. I hope to get a trailer soon, but, not sure when.

Thanks for reading my post.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
Right now, if your car is just strictly a track car, i would recommend doing some PSS10s which will work with the PASM without any problems.

If you do drive the car on the street and do some weekend track days on occasion, you could go with some Springs and a Sway Bar Setup.

As far as tires go, the new Pirelli PZero's are great! They are sticky, and ride amazing. Most others will recommend you the PS2 but the new PZero's are great tires!

Bottom line, for track use, go with the PSS10's. Hope This Helps!

Feel free to PM/Contact me for more information as well as Pricing

Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nicesparkhill is just really nice
For a car used mostly at the track, you might want to consider Motons.

The Bilstein B16 Damptronics are a good choice too.

Some have said they are pretty close to the Bilsteins using just springs and a decent alignment.

There is a lot of information about this topic on the web.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Surgeon
TT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud ofTT Surgeon has much to be proud of
I may end up doing those motons soon, will inform.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
jstewart14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I am thinking about the moton's now.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex@TAGMotorsports
Right now, if your car is just strictly a track car, i would recommend doing some PSS10s which will work with the PASM without any problems.

If you do drive the car on the street and do some weekend track days on occasion, you could go with some Springs and a Sway Bar Setup.

As far as tires go, the new Pirelli PZero's are great! They are sticky, and ride amazing. Most others will recommend you the PS2 but the new PZero's are great tires!

Bottom line, for track use, go with the PSS10's. Hope This Helps!

Feel free to PM/Contact me for more information as well as Pricing
+1 the Bilstein are sufficient. I don't consider the TT a real dedicated track car, I think the Motons are overkill but you need to go the route you enjoy the most, that,s what it is all about.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Neil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant futureNeil Switzer has a brilliant future
We have gotten great reviews from our H&R suspensions, they have a nice set that have a hydraulic lowering feature, can lower up to 2.3 or 4" depending on model. They have nice track springs as well.