Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

2009 Universal Audio Input Question, Confused here....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 08:32 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Question 2009 Universal Audio Input Question, Confused here....

OK so I have my buddies 09 C2S for the weekend and I plugged in my ipod to the ipod input and on my new version nano it reads that it is not charging the ipod and on the radio screen i can only forward or go back on shuffle mode, it doesn't display my Ipod on the screen fully (to scroll through artists, etc)

When i use my Apple white ipod cable for USB it works exactly the same but charges my ipod.....so what gives ? What's the point of the Ipod port if the USB does the same function but charges it ?

I really thought the ipod port would then display my ipod's info on the screen ?

Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
The charging info is an issue across the board on all of Apples recent products, the iPhone 3GS included. My Avic D3 charges my 2G iPhone no problem, but not the 3GS I just bought. The newer hardware can identify whether the cable is "Apple branded" or not and will only support certain functions if it sees an Apple cable out there.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche took the lame way out, and the units are flawed. Bozos. With Dension so far ahead of the curve, you wonder why Porsche cheaps out on audio....oh well.

There are workarounds on the newer iPods and charging issues. Updated cables should resolve. Porsche, on the other hand, will soon understand how it should be done when VW owns their ass.

Not angry here, just with all I know from working with Dension for more than three years, it made no sense that Porsche went the way they did on the integration thing. Better yes, but perfect, no.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:25 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
My friend came by and got it all to work, The entire Ipod menu now displays on the pcm screen, it is actually quite awesome , i'll snap a pic in a few Eric.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:55 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
All set, this thing works great!

Attached Images     
Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
By the way, the only thing I did wrong was not have the car turned on - doh!!
The Audio interface needs the car to be fully on to read a new device I guess.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
also, if you have one of the new generation iphone's or ipod's - Porsche recently released an updated cable for the 997.2 Univ Audio Input. It basically is the circular cable and the USB Cable on one end, and the iPod connector on the other. This way, you can charge the newer iPods and iPhones as well

Old 07-18-2009, 03:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
That's the one I got here Alex , thanks

Old 07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Apple changed the voltage from 12V to 3.5V. The original cord will not charge any Gen 2 Ipods, Iphones, Touch etc. There are two different cables depending on the charge voltage of your Ipod. BMW and Benz had the same issues.