Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

LED Rear Taillight pics & questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to behold
LED Rear Taillight pics & questions

Hey guys, I am in the process of having a body kit installed on my 997 Turbo and have also added the LED taillights. Ric from Suncoast has helped me tremendously, but I wanted feedback from people who have done this to their 08 997 Turbo's. Will the taillights work immediately once they have been installed or does the dealership have to activate something in-order for it to work?

Also what is the process of installing these lights, are there certain steps to follow to ensure the lights work properly.

Here are some pics of the car with the kit currently being installed.

Attached Images   
Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work, the boys at suncoast always help out nicely !

Old 06-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Daggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to allDaggerpie is a name known to all
You'll also need the x2 LED powerpacks as well for them to work.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how difficult this is to add to current turbos (07-09) and how much bumper modification is necessary for it to work with stock bumper?

Old 06-19-2009, 05:58 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hussain many have done it - shoot the boys at suncoast a PM - they know the drill in and out i think by now

Old 06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond reputeHussain has a reputation beyond repute
cool thanks DJ!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I wonder how the turbo refresh is going to look...

Old 06-21-2009, 03:37 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to beholdsayegh87 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Guys... car is almost finished, needs some minor things and it will be set. I have an issue with the rear bumper, which wasnt a very good fit, but since my bumper was the first one to be adapted to fit LED lights it will need adjusting...

Here are some pics!

Attached Images     
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Mashala Mohammed, raw3a raw3a! Mashala!

I absolutely love.

Have you switched the lights on yet?

Old 06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
Mashala Mohammed, raw3a raw3a! Mashala!

I absolutely love.

Have you switched the lights on yet?
Thanks for the compliment. Yes I have switched them on, everything works except for the fact that they wont turn on, but the signals, hazards, brake lights, and reverse lights work....

Ill keep u updated!

Quick Reply: LED Rear Taillight pics & questions