Notices
991 | 997 | 996 Turbo Porsche's Modern Day Twin Turbo Discussion Forum.

MAcarbon Steering Wheel Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cyprus16M
I alway felt that the steering wheel feel in my 997TT.1 was bit thin, it should have been a bit thicker. Can it be done for 997TT.1 with multifunction steering with triptronic shifts?
Yes the 997.1 multifunction wheel can be made 5mm thicker...We have done a few of these!

Old 10-08-2010, 12:45 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salihbjk
Would you do a leather 997.2 wheel with carbon top, carbon paddles and thicker full alcantara? How much thicker do we talk about? I have a TechArt thicker wheel, how can you compare the thickness of your wheels vs TechArt?

Thanks!
We could do a a 997.2 wheel with a carbon top, but we do not use alcantara. We use suede, because we feel that it is a much better material. As for the shift paddles, we could probably laminate them in carbon, but we have not yet done a set.
Our 997.2 thick wheel is about 5mm thicker that the stock wheel. I am not sure how that compares to the TechArt wheel, but it feels very nice IMO.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Black suede looks much darker than my black leather on the photos. And I am not sure how would a gray suede would look on my car. That's why I asked about alcantara. What do you think?

And is there any way for you to be certain that you can do shif paddles in carbon, I'm gonna purchase a new wheel if you can?

Salih

Originally Posted by LaneS@macarbon.com
We could do a a 997.2 wheel with a carbon top, but we do not use alcantara. We use suede, because we feel that it is a much better material. As for the shift paddles, we could probably laminate them in carbon, but we have not yet done a set.
Our 997.2 thick wheel is about 5mm thicker that the stock wheel. I am not sure how that compares to the TechArt wheel, but it feels very nice IMO.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Black suede looks much darker than my black leather on the photos. And I am not sure how would a gray suede would look on my car. That's why I asked about alcantara. What do you think?

And is there any way for you to be certain that you can do shif paddles in carbon, I'm gonna purchase a new wheel if you can?

Salih
I agree that our black suede is much darker than the factory or our black leather. Our grey suede is a tad lighter than the factory alcantara, but it blends in very well and looks really good. Below is a picture of a grey suede wheel we did for a 2008 GT2. It looks and feels amazing!

As for doing the paddles, I will find out for you next week. I am planning on getting my hands on a paddle equiped wheel and I should have an answer for you by the end of next week.

Thanks,
Lane

Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
salihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to beholdsalihbjk is a splendid one to behold
Lane,

Thanks for the photo. This GT2 does have a black interior, not a gray one, right?

Also waiting for your feedback about the paddles.

Thanks!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Lane,

Thanks for the photo. This GT2 does have a black interior, not a gray one, right?

Also waiting for your feedback about the paddles.

Thanks!
Yes, the GT2 in the picture above has a black interior.

I'll get you some info on the paddles this week.

Thanks,
Lane

Old 10-12-2010, 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
kabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond reputekabbanid has a reputation beyond repute
Great work. Do you do S8 steering wheel? I am thinking carbon top, alcantara sides and leather bottom.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Sick work Lanes. But you already know that

Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thank you for the info Lane. I'll be waiting.

Salih
Originally Posted by LaneS@macarbon.com
Yes, the GT2 in the picture above has a black interior.

I'll get you some info on the paddles this week.

Thanks,
Lane

Old 10-12-2010, 03:18 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by kabbanid
Great work. Do you do S8 steering wheel? I am thinking carbon top, alcantara sides and leather bottom.
We have never done an S8 wheel but it could be done. PM me your email and I can get you a quote.

Thanks,
Lane

Quick Reply: MAcarbon Steering Wheel Thread